Gridsquare in logbook entry window

DL3KMS

By typing many calls into the logbook entry, I get always "KM17ba" showing as gridsquare. Example: DL1A, EA6KB, EA3RCB
This happens with all versions from 4,0,244 to 4,0,256.
If I check the "loc" field in the QSO Mask Setup, then it only affects calls, that have no gridsquare logged in a previous qso.
I don't want to have the "loc" checked, because a station could change its locator when operating protable.

73 de DL3KMS, Martin

Jan

I do not see this

73
Jan
PA4JJ

Op 9-5-2021 om 10:54 schreef DL3KMS:
By typing many calls into the logbook entry, I get always "KM17ba" showing as gridsquare. Example: DL1A, EA6KB, EA3RCB
This happens with all versions from 4,0,244 to 4,0,256.
If I check the "loc" field in the QSO Mask Setup, then it only affects calls, that have no gridsquare logged in a previous qso.
I don't want to have the "loc" checked, because a station could change its locator when operating protable.

73 de DL3KMS, Martin

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi zero:
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388

Bob

On the logbook entry window, right click on the callsign field. Click SETUP |  SETUP USER FIELDS | SETUP LOC. Is there anything in the field for PRESET TEXT? It must be empty. SeventyThree(s).

On 05/09/2021 4:54 AM DL3KMS <tof75@...> wrote:

By typing many calls into the logbook entry, I get always "KM17ba" showing as gridsquare. Example: DL1A, EA6KB, EA3RCB
This happens with all versions from 4,0,244 to 4,0,256.
If I check the "loc" field in the QSO Mask Setup, then it only affects calls, that have no gridsquare logged in a previous qso.
I don't want to have the "loc" checked, because a station could change its locator when operating protable.

73 de DL3KMS, Martin

DL3KMS

As you can see in the screenshot, the preset text for this field is empty.

Bob

... is it possible that your LoTW users database (it includes thousands of GRIDSQUARES) is broken? Right click on the DX Spot Window. Click SETUP | LOAD LOTW USERS FILE (FROM CLUB LOG). Click START. SeventyTHree(s).

On 05/09/2021 4:44 PM DL3KMS <tof75@...> wrote:

As you can see in the screenshot, the preset text for this field is empty.

DL3KMS

That was it:) I have always used the other LoTW database from http://www.hb9bza.net/lotw/lotw1.txt
Thanks Bob and 73 de DL3KMS, Martin