Getting Country into the Logbook entry window & "Logbook page

John T. Blair

Next question.  In the default setup of Logger 32 the  Logbook entry window had
a couple of fields 5 & 6 that weren't being used.  Is there a way I can get that
to auto fill as Country?

I went in right clicked on "field 5", went to "Setup" in the drop down menu, selected, "Setup User fields", selected "field 5".  This brought up the "Setup User
field 5" window.  I changed the name to CNTRY.  Then I selected the pulldown for
"What ADIF type is this field" but I didn't see anything that had any thing to do
with Country.

Q1. Is there a way to set this up?

I'd also like to add this to the "Logbook Page".  I see a CNTY (county) but no
Country.

Q2. Is this doable?

John

John

Avast logo

JohnT WA4OHZ
Virginia Beach, VA

Gary Hinson

Hi John.

Provided there is enough room i.e. you aren’t showing the user fields 1 to 5, the country of a station you are logging, plus his sunrise and sunset times, plus the short path and long path azimuth, plus the distance, is shown like this:

However, if you choose to show all the user fields, there isn’t enough room for the info …

… but it is still shown on the DX information bar across the bottom of Logger32’s window:

You cannot select the DXCC ADIF field as a user field and show it somewhere else because the DXCC ADIF field is already used by Logger32 as shown above.  You can’t grab it off Logger32 either: it is hard-coded in there by Bob, including the conversion from numeric “entity codes” specified in the ADIF spec to country names that we humans prefer.  Tough luck mate.

This, and much more, is patiently explained in the User Manual, with pictures John .  There’s an entire chapter devoted to the log entry pane.  It was written with you in mind …  😊

[...]

Ken McVie

Hi John,

Not sure if this is what you want -- but if you right click on the LOGBOOK Window & select SETUP at the bottom, then select Grid Layout [at the top of that menu] then at the bottom right of the window where you can choose the order of things for your Logbook window, the top small window allows you to select a country name, instead of an ARRL PFX.

73

Ken ZL4NR

On 30/04/2021 4:11 pm, Gary Hinson wrote:

[...]

Bob

Or, you could open this window. SeventyThree(s).

At 12:11 AM 4/30/2021, you wrote:

>Provided there is enough room i.e. you aren’t showing the user fields 1 to 5,
>the country of a station you are logging, plus his sunrise and sunset times, plus
>the short path and long path azimuth, plus the distance, is shown like this:

>[]

>However, if you choose to show all the user fields, there isn’t enough room
>for the info …

Gary,

Dooh!  Thanks.  I get overwhelmed and fixated.  You are absolutely correct, and
I am getting that info in those places.

Sorry to have botherd everone with this question.  I did to a search for Country
in the help file.  There are several references to country, around 10, but none
talking about it being displayed in the places you just mentioned.

Thanks so much for your efforts and help.

John

Avast logo

JohnT WA4OHZ
Virginia Beach, VA

John T. Blair

At 12:35 AM 4/30/2021, you wrote:

>Not sure if this is what you want -- but if you right click on the LOGBOOK Window
>& select SETUP at the bottom, then select Grid Layout [at the top of that menu]
>then at the bottom right of the window where you can choose the order of things
>for your Logbook window, the top small window allows you to select a country
>name, instead of an ARRL PFX.

Ken,

Thanks.

John

Avast logo

JohnT WA4OHZ
Virginia Beach, VA

John T. Blair

At 07:03 AM 4/30/2021, you wrote:

>Or, you could open this window. SeventyThree(s).

 []

Interesting.  I recognize the bottom window, but what is the top window, and how
do I get that opened?  I just went through the "View" pull down and didn't see it popup.

John

Avast logo

JohnT WA4OHZ
Virginia Beach, VA

Jan

Right click in the call field and then go to floating callsingn

73
Jan
PA4JJ

Op 30-4-2021 om 15:09 schreef John T. Blair:
At 07:03 AM 4/30/2021, you wrote:

>Or, you could open this window. SeventyThree(s).

 []

Interesting.  I recognize the bottom window, but what is the top window, and how
do I get that opened?  I just went through the "View" pull down and didn't see it popup.

John

Avast logo

JohnT WA4OHZ
Virginia Beach, VA

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi zero:
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388

Bob

On any of the entry fields in the logbook entry window type Ctrl+F a window will popup. Now on the logbook entry window type the callsign VP8LP. Now right click on the window that popped up (its called the floating callsign window) for setup/configurations. SeventyThree(s).

At 09:12 AM 4/30/2021, you wrote:

>Right click in the call field and then go to floating callsingn

Jan,

Good morning.  Thanks for you help yesterday and today.  Not sure what changed
yesterday with trying to get HamQTH and the pop up window working, but now it
is.  I changed a lot of things based on various peoples suggestions, and then turned
them off.  But now it's working.  Go figure.

I did that, thanks  The floating callsign window opened.  Wow!!!  So may things you
can do with this program!!!

John

Avast logo

JohnT WA4OHZ
Virginia Beach, VA

Jan

Glad it is working John
Enjoy Logger32

73
Jan
PA4JJ

At 09:18 AM 4/30/2021, you wrote:

>On any of the entry fields in the logbook entry window type Ctrl+F a window will
>popup. Now on the logbook entry window type the callsign VP8LP. Now right click
>on the window that popped up (its called the floating callsign window) for
>setup/configurations. SeventyThree(s).

Great, thanks!!!!

John

Avast logo

JohnT WA4OHZ
Virginia Beach, VA

Tom Sevart

On 4/30/2021 06:03, Bob wrote:
Or, you could open this window. SeventyThree(s).
I love that window. Helps me remember the callsign of whoever I'm working in CW.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS