Topics

FT-891

Harold Broomfield

I would like to know if in the near future would the FT-891 be able to operate with Logger32? I been using this program when it first came out. Now I'm taking a back seat because there is no FT-891 in the radio options. Thanks for any feed back.

73
Harold KC2BPP

Bob <k4cy@...>

Harold, the simple/direct answer to you question is I have no <explicative deleted> idea. Until I read your message, I had never heard of an FT-891, and now that I have, it's still not on my Christmas 'what I want' list for Santa.

After you have read/studied the FT-891 CAT documentation, decide for yourself ... does this radio look (to logging programs) like all the other Yahoo radios, or is there something special involved?

And, before you settle too comfortably in your 'back seat', if you want me to do the research for you, I will have to double your annual license/maintenance fee. SeventyThree(s)AndMerryChristmas.

On 12/20/2020 7:31 PM kc2bpp via groups.io <kc2bpp@...> wrote:

I would like to know if in the near future would the FT-891 be able to operate with Logger32? I been using this program when it first came out. Now I'm taking a back seat because there is no FT-891 in the radio options. Thanks for any feed back.

73
Harold KC2BPP

Vince Shirley

Use the FT-950 setting, that should work.

All Yaesu radios use more or less the same command set so if FT-950 doesn't do what you want, try the others.

Vince

On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 at 00:31, kc2bpp via groups.io <kc2bpp=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I would like to know if in the near future would the FT-891 be able to operate with Logger32? I been using this program when it first came out. Now I'm taking a back seat because there is no FT-891 in the radio options. Thanks for any feed back.

73
Harold KC2BPP

keith hotchkiss

Vince,
I use an FT 891 and use logger32. The setting is the same as the FT-991. Works a treat.

Vince Shirley

OK, thanks.

I was a replying to someone who said they couldn't use Logger32 because the radio the FT-891 isn't listed.

For the commands that Logger uses, I'm pretty sure any Yaesu radio setting would work.

Thanks Keith.

Compliments of the season.

Vince G0ORC