Topics

FT8 TX interrupting

Mike

Hello.
When I click someone's call sign on UDP map to transfer it to logbook entry window, transmitting in wsjt-x or MSHV is interrupted.
How to prevent that?
Thank you, Mike

Bob

Mike, I think you misunderstand the function/purpose of the UDP BandMap. If you look at the Manual calling event viewer window you will see that when you click on a callsign in the UDP BandMap Logger32 sends a TxHalt command to WSJT. So, what you describe is as expected. SeventyThree(s).

On 08/01/2020 9:22 AM Mike <ch25@...> wrote:

Hello.
When I click someone's call sign on UDP map to transfer it to logbook entry window, transmitting in wsjt-x or MSHV is interrupted.
How to prevent that?
Thank you, Mike

Mike

Thanks for explanation.
I was doing that, to transfer a call sign of a station I currently tx to, to do qrz lookup.
Anyway, I will be clicking when not transmitting.
Mike

Bob

Mike, I suspect you still not fully understand what happens when you click on a callsign in the UDP BandMap. Even if you are not transmitting at the time you click, the contact in progress will be terminated.

You say your objective to to do a callsign lookup of a station you are in QSO with. Tell me please how did you start the contact? Did you double click on the callsign in WSJT? SeventyThree(s).

On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 04:11 PM, Bob wrote:
Tell me please how did you start the contact? Did you double click on the callsign in WSJT?
I start QSO by clicking station callsign in wsjt-x or MSHV.
When QSO is complete is automatically logged in L32 but there is no qrz.com data included.
To have that data I type station call sign into call field in logbook entry window, press ▼ on the keyboard, than qrz module does it's job and fills name, iota, via and rest of the fields with data downloaded from qrz.com.
I might be doing that wrong, but it's only way I know to get qrz.com data included to FT8 qso.
Mike

Phill Morris (G6EES)

Mike

What version of Logger32 and L32Lookup are you using.

There has been a problem with the name and other data not being transfered into L32 logbook. It has been VERY well reported on this group in the past week or two.

Upgrade your L32 to the latest (v420) and this fixes that problem. Also check your version of L32Lookup is the latest

Phill G6EES

-----------------------
Phill.morris
07771 504738

On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 04:11 PM, Bob wrote:
Tell me please how did you start the contact? Did you double click on the callsign in WSJT?
I start QSO by clicking station callsign in wsjt-x or MSHV.
When QSO is complete is automatically logged in L32 but there is no qrz.com data included.
To have that data I type station call sign into call field in logbook entry window, press ▼ on the keyboard, than qrz module does it's job and fills name, iota, via and rest of the fields with data downloaded from qrz.com.
I might be doing that wrong, but it's only way I know to get qrz.com data included to FT8 qso.
Mike

Bob

Mike, on the UDP BandMap click CONFIG  and check the option ENABLE CALLSIGN LOOKUP WHEN CLICKING ON WSJT/JTDX. Now when you start a contact in WSJT the callsign will be entered into the Logbook Entry Window and a callsign lookup will be done automatically.

Again, click CONFIG | LOGGING OPTIONS and check the LOG ADDITIONAL INFO FROM LOGBOOK ENTRY WINDOW. Now, when the contact is logged, the additional information is logged.

I think this is all in the help file. SeventyThree(s)

On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 05:09 PM, Bob wrote:
Mike, on the UDP BandMap click CONFIG  and check the option ENABLE CALLSIGN LOOKUP WHEN CLICKING ON WSJT/JTDX.
I need glasses, missed that. Now works as i need.
Thanks Bob.
Mike