Topics

FT8 AUTO LOGGING

Richard Zalewski

Auto logging does not seem to be working for FT8.  Checked my band plan table all ok as nothing changed from before conversion.  If I manually select log qso from wsjt-x I see a flash on the l32 page but does not go into log.  Something changed from the conversion.

Richard
W7ZR ex:5C5Z, CN2ZR, K2JSP, W6SBZ, W7KXR, K9ZIJ, W9KNF, W0KDF, W0MQU, J68ZR, KC6ZR, PJ4/W7ZR, KH2,W7ZR, KH6/W7ZR, V31ZR, VK4AAZ, XE2DV

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer

Richard Zalewski

More info: Went to the log in WSJT and exported a qso as an adif file.  Then imported into L32.  It does not display on the log page.  When I try to import the same qso again it tells me it is in the log but still not displaying on the log page.

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 4:15 PM Richard Zalewski via groups.io <dick.w7zr=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Auto logging does not seem to be working for FT8.  Checked my band plan table all ok as nothing changed from before conversion.  If I manually select log qso from wsjt-x I see a flash on the l32 page but does not go into log.  Something changed from the conversion.

Richard
W7ZR ex:5C5Z, CN2ZR, K2JSP, W6SBZ, W7KXR, K9ZIJ, W9KNF, W0KDF, W0MQU, J68ZR, KC6ZR, PJ4/W7ZR, KH2,W7ZR, KH6/W7ZR, V31ZR, VK4AAZ, XE2DV

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer

Kenneth Hansen

I upgraded to ver.4 yesterday and UDP band map, auto logging and DX spot works as before, using  WSJT-X.

de KB2SSE

--
Kenneth Hansen
Owner

Bob

Richard, I know nothing about 'auto logging from WSJT-X', or for that matter WSJT-X. There is an option in Logger32 to attempt to bypass/override the requirement to click the mouse on the 'log this QSO' popup (the ARRL requirement for 'contemporaneous user input'. Whatever the hell that is) . If it works - Yay! If it doesn't , then :(

SeventyThree(s).

On 01/20/2021 7:14 PM Richard Zalewski <dick.w7zr@...> wrote:

Auto logging does not seem to be working for FT8.  Checked my band plan table all ok as nothing changed from before conversion.  If I manually select log qso from wsjt-x I see a flash on the l32 page but does not go into log.  Something changed from the conversion.

Richard
W7ZR ex:5C5Z, CN2ZR, K2JSP, W6SBZ, W7KXR, K9ZIJ, W9KNF, W0KDF, W0MQU, J68ZR, KC6ZR, PJ4/W7ZR, KH2,W7ZR, KH6/W7ZR, V31ZR, VK4AAZ, XE2DV

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer

Bill K4BX

When auto logging FT8 QSO's from JTDX they don't show up at the end of the log.... but when I search for the calls they are found in the log. They just don't seem to be sorted by QSO time. Anyway if you right click on the log and do a search for the contacts you will find them. The Cherry-picking event viewer says the contacts were logged. Don't know why they don't appear at the bottom of the log page.
73 Bill K4BX

On 1/20/2021 7:01 PM, Bob wrote:
[...]

What appears to be happening is some QSOs are being held in some file that is not being processed.  I log a qso manually and I find that a completely different QSO is put at the bottom of the log.

On 1/20/2021 7:01 PM, Bob wrote:
[...]

Tom Wylie

Have you set up your band/modes in V4 to show FT4 and FT8??

GM4FDM

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 4:15 PM Richard Zalewski via groups.io <http://groups.io> <dick.w7zr=gmail.com@groups.io <mailto:gmail.com@groups.io>> wrote:
Auto logging does not seem to be working for FT8.  Checked my band
plan table all ok as nothing changed from before conversion.  If I
manually select log qso from wsjt-x I see a flash on the l32 page
but does not go into log.  Something changed from the conversion.
Richard
*W7ZR* ex:5C5Z, CN2ZR, K2JSP, W6SBZ, W7KXR, K9ZIJ, W9KNF, W0KDF,
W0MQU, J68ZR, KC6ZR, PJ4/W7ZR, KH2,W7ZR, KH6/W7ZR, V31ZR, VK4AAZ, XE2DV
*/Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer/*

Richard Zalewski

Yes, band/modes were set.  At first they were just carried over from V3 but I checked them all.  Appear to be correct.

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 4:15 AM Tom Wylie <thomasgwylie@...> wrote:
Have you set up your band/modes in V4 to show FT4 and FT8??

GM4FDM

On 21/01/2021 00:51, Richard Zalewski wrote:
> More info: Went to the log in WSJT and exported a qso as an adif file.
> Then imported into L32.  It does not display on the log page.  When I
> try to import the same qso again it tells me it is in the log but still
> not displaying on the log page.
>
> Richard
> *W7ZR* ex:5C5Z, CN2ZR, K2JSP, W6SBZ, W7KXR, K9ZIJ, W9KNF, W0KDF, W0MQU,
> J68ZR, KC6ZR, PJ4/W7ZR, KH2,W7ZR, KH6/W7ZR, V31ZR, VK4AAZ, XE2DV
>

> */Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer/*
>

> On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 4:15 PM Richard Zalewski via groups.io
> <http://groups.io> <dick.w7zr=gmail.com@groups.io
> <mailto:gmail.com@groups.io>> wrote:
>
>     Auto logging does not seem to be working for FT8.  Checked my band
>     plan table all ok as nothing changed from before conversion.  If I
>     manually select log qso from wsjt-x I see a flash on the l32 page
>     but does not go into log.  Something changed from the conversion.
>
>     Richard
>     *W7ZR* ex:5C5Z, CN2ZR, K2JSP, W6SBZ, W7KXR, K9ZIJ, W9KNF, W0KDF,
>     W0MQU, J68ZR, KC6ZR, PJ4/W7ZR, KH2,W7ZR, KH6/W7ZR, V31ZR, VK4AAZ, XE2DV
>

>     */Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer/*

Bob

They just don't seem to be sorted by QSO time ... On the Logbook page window is the QSO DATE column header in red text? 73.

On 1/20/2021 7:01 PM, Bob wrote:
[...]

QSOs logged from WSJT-X (and its numerous clones are buffered in memnory for a few seconds before being written to the logbook. FT8 QSOs for 5 seconds, FT4 QSOs for 3 seconds. This is so that Logger32 does not waste CPU cycles in the very busy decode cycle between receive and transmit. 73.

On 1/20/2021 7:01 PM, Bob wrote:
[...]

Yes it is in red!!!  Big clue?

On 1/20/2021 7:01 PM, Bob wrote:
[...]

The question was directed to the author of the message that said his logbook page window was not sorted chronologically. It is, if the column header of the QSO_DATE column is red. 73.

On 1/20/2021 7:01 PM, Bob wrote:
[...]

Damian M0BKV

I've just upgraded to V4. Went like a dream. No errors except the awards sync one which goes with the territory. Did an award recal' of course. I've no problem with FT8 contacts logged being transferred to my Logger32 log.

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021, 00:52 Richard Zalewski <dick.w7zr@...> wrote:
[...]

Yes Bob, Date header is red. I sort log by date so new contacts are at bottom. Another thing I notice is after making a FT8 contact, if I re-enter the callsign, the Previous QSO's window will show the previous contact. So the contact was logged and to find it I right clicked on Log and selected search and it will find it.

73 and thanks for the great software.... Bill K4BX

On 1/21/2021 7:43 AM, Bob wrote:
They just don't seem to be sorted by QSO time ... On the Logbook page window is the QSO DATE column header in red text? 73.
On 01/20/2021 10:16 PM Bill K4BX via groups.io <k4bx@...> wrote:

When auto logging FT8 QSO's from JTDX they don't show up at the end of the log.... but when I search for the calls they are found in the log. They just don't seem to be sorted by QSO time. Anyway if you right click on the log and do a search for the contacts you will find them. The Cherry-picking event viewer says the contacts were logged. Don't know why they don't appear at the bottom of the log page.
73 Bill K4BX

Richard Zalewski

More clues: Made a qso ft8 using wsjt.  The logging window flashed on top of the L32 log and then disappeared.  I looked at the adif file in L32 and the qso is there but it is NOT being displayed in the log window.

On 1/21/2021 7:43 AM, Bob wrote:
They just don't seem to be sorted by QSO time ... On the Logbook page window is the QSO DATE column header in red text? 73.
On 01/20/2021 10:16 PM Bill K4BX via groups.io <k4bx@...> wrote:

When auto logging FT8 QSO's from JTDX they don't show up at the end of the log.... but when I search for the calls they are found in the log. They just don't seem to be sorted by QSO time. Anyway if you right click on the log and do a search for the contacts you will find them. The Cherry-picking event viewer says the contacts were logged. Don't know why they don't appear at the bottom of the log page.
73 Bill K4BX

Richard Zalewski

More (Sorry)....used L32 search log function and the qso is there.  Just not showing at the bottom of the log indicating the most recent QSO.

On 1/21/2021 7:43 AM, Bob wrote:
They just don't seem to be sorted by QSO time ... On the Logbook page window is the QSO DATE column header in red text? 73.
On 01/20/2021 10:16 PM Bill K4BX via groups.io <k4bx@...> wrote:

When auto logging FT8 QSO's from JTDX they don't show up at the end of the log.... but when I search for the calls they are found in the log. They just don't seem to be sorted by QSO time. Anyway if you right click on the log and do a search for the contacts you will find them. The Cherry-picking event viewer says the contacts were logged. Don't know why they don't appear at the bottom of the log page.
73 Bill K4BX

Bob

Then I'm confused, if the logbook page window is sorted chronologically, then why is the most recent QSO not at the bottom of the page.

When you find the FT8 QSO by doing a callsign search, what is the QSO DATE/TIME. Where is the discrepancy?  73.

On 1/21/2021 7:43 AM, Bob wrote:
They just don't seem to be sorted by QSO time ... On the Logbook page window is the QSO DATE column header in red text? 73.
On 01/20/2021 10:16 PM Bill K4BX via groups.io <k4bx@...> wrote:

When auto logging FT8 QSO's from JTDX they don't show up at the end of the log.... but when I search for the calls they are found in the log. They just don't seem to be sorted by QSO time. Anyway if you right click on the log and do a search for the contacts you will find them. The Cherry-picking event viewer says the contacts were logged. Don't know why they don't appear at the bottom of the log page.
73 Bill K4BX

Bob

If you adjust the height of the logbook page window is the bottom row hidden? 73.

On 1/21/2021 7:43 AM, Bob wrote:
They just don't seem to be sorted by QSO time ... On the Logbook page window is the QSO DATE column header in red text? 73.
On 01/20/2021 10:16 PM Bill K4BX via groups.io <k4bx@...> wrote:

When auto logging FT8 QSO's from JTDX they don't show up at the end of the log.... but when I search for the calls they are found in the log. They just don't seem to be sorted by QSO time. Anyway if you right click on the log and do a search for the contacts you will find them. The Cherry-picking event viewer says the contacts were logged. Don't know why they don't appear at the bottom of the log page.
73 Bill K4BX

Richard Zalewski

AND....the log instead of showing the latest qso is adding the previous qso so now I see 3 duplicate contacts in a row at the end and no recent contact.

On 1/21/2021 7:43 AM, Bob wrote:
They just don't seem to be sorted by QSO time ... On the Logbook page window is the QSO DATE column header in red text? 73.
On 01/20/2021 10:16 PM Bill K4BX via groups.io <k4bx@...> wrote:

When auto logging FT8 QSO's from JTDX they don't show up at the end of the log.... but when I search for the calls they are found in the log. They just don't seem to be sorted by QSO time. Anyway if you right click on the log and do a search for the contacts you will find them. The Cherry-picking event viewer says the contacts were logged. Don't know why they don't appear at the bottom of the log page.
73 Bill K4BX

Bill K4BX

My last contact was HI3AA. It is not shown at bottom of my log. Sorting log by CALL shows the contact OK and date and time look good to me.

Attached are screenshots: first image is bottom of log sorted by TIME. Last image is the logged contact found by search.