Topics

FT4 logging

w4lde

GA All,

Today I downloaded with a start date of 7-1 19 a ADIF file from LOTW for confirmed QSO's.  Using the synchronize from LOTW selection under files, of 99 downloaded QSO's 64 were rejected with the following "Not found in log" and confirmed in the "Bad.adi file .  I may have created the problem as expressed by the phrase "knows enough to be dangerous".

When FT4 became popular I enter items to my ADIFModes.txt file, they are FT4 as a new line item just before the FT8 line and I added FT4 as a sub-mode to MSFK. My FT4 uploads to LOTW are always accepted using the L32LogSync in the utilities section.  I did review the ADIF uploads and yes the mode is FT4, no mention of a MFSK sub-mode.  LOTW accepted them without a warning so I assumed what I did was OK.

Why did I do it? I prefer to see FT4 in the mode column, view the L32 award tables again with FT4, used the FT4 under my bands plan which all work as expected.  I did confirm that if I manually change the log book "mode column" to MFSK then the SYNC file using the ADIF from LOTW correctly I.D's the QSO and sync's.

Anyone offer any tips were I can see FT4 in the logbook modes column?  Or are we subject to LOTW downloads.  Until this download, I had been manually updating the LOTW received QSL and not using the download capabilities. Surprise surprise.

Thanks for any suggestions

73 de Ron W4LDE

Ron, I don't use LoTW, so I can't comment on that part of your question. As to the rest of the question, I'd recommend you hold your horses for a day or two ... I have just finished the development work on the next auto-update. It centers around FT4. Now for testing. I just sent it to the Beta testers to find everything I broke with a note requesting that additional volunteers be found who have specific interest in changes made ... Wait for the posting. SeventyThree(s).

On July 30, 2019 at 4:26 PM w4lde <W4LDE@...> wrote:

[...]

Vilhjalmur Sigurjonsson

Ron,

I suppose that the mode of the rejected entries is „DATA“. What you might do is to edit the BAD.adi file,

search for the string „<MODE:4>DATA“ and replace it with the string „<MODE:4>MFSK <SUBMODE:3>FT4“.

Then use ‚save as‘ and give it another name (a file with the name bad.adi is not allowed for import) e.g. temp.adi.

Then you go to the drop down menu File and there Syncronise LoTW and feed it with the edited file.

I suppose that it will do what is needed.

73 es gl

Villi, TF3VS

[...]

Radio Ktwonf

just to pursue the LOTW part of the issue :  LOTW will accept FT4 as an upload mode from Logger32 and put it into the LOTW logs and LOTW QSO/QSL records as mode = DATA.  LOTW  then maps DATA mode QSLs into the Digital awards (such as DXCC Digital Award ).  When you download from LOTW, the FT4 QSLs will come back in the download file with Mode = DATA. There is no indicator in the down load file that these were FT4 QSL's.  Assuming FT4 is the only DATA  mode that you using now  ( FT8 is not an issue with LOTW as you already know )  you can open up the Logger32 Adifmodes.txt file, add DATA to it as a mode with =FT4. Then run the download and you should not see any LOTW reject records in the BADADI file and all of your Logger32 FT4 mode qso qsl status should be updated correctly.  I am sure Bob and team have a better solution pending, but this may solve your immediate problem.
73 K2NF

ja1nlx

I do not see any problem on this.
This is a sample of the downloaded file to sync Logger32 Logbook.

<CALL:5>WL7SJ
<BAND:3>20M
<FREQ:8>14.08045
<FREQ_RX:8>14.08205
<MODE:4>MFSK
<SUBMODE:3>FT4
<APP_LoTW_MODEGROUP:4>DATA

<QSO_DATE:8>20190730
<TIME_ON:6>055615
<QSL_RCVD:1>Y
<QSLRDATE:8>20190730
<DXCC:1>6
<COUNTRY:6>ALASKA

73

On 2019/07/31 7:18, Radio Ktwonf via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

not sure what to make of that
this is what I see in the L32 log sync LOTW download file for an FT4 qso/qsl
that was sent to LOTW with FT4 in the mode field...

<eoh>

<APP_LoTW_OWNCALL:4>K2NF
<STATION_CALLSIGN:4>K2NF
<CALL:5>PJ7DH
<BAND:3>20M
<FREQ:8>14.08080
<FREQ_RX:8>14.08101
<MODE:4>DATA
<APP_LoTW_MODE:4>DATA
<APP_LoTW_MODEGROUP:4>DATA
<QSO_DATE:8>20190729
<TIME_ON:6>213917
<QSL_RCVD:1>Y
<QSLRDATE:8>20190730
<DXCC:3>518
<COUNTRY:12>SINT MAARTEN
<APP_LoTW_DXCC_ENTITY_STATUS:7>Current
<PFX:3>PJ7
<APP_LoTW_2xQSL:1>N
<APP_LoTW_QSLMODE:3>FT4
<GRIDSQUARE:4>FK88
<CQZ:2>08
<ITUZ:2>11
<eor>

On Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 06:32:13 PM EDT, ja1nlx <ayoshida0205@...> wrote:

[...]

Are you using the latest TQSL program ?

73

On 2019/07/31 7:51, Radio Ktwonf via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

updated in last 2 weeks or so - whats the latest ?

Dunno, but Google says: http://www.arrl.org/tqsl-download. SeventyThree(s).

On July 30, 2019 at 6:59 PM "Radio Ktwonf via Groups.Io" <k2nf@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Bob.  ARRL site says I am running the current tqsl version ( 2.4.7) which I loaded 2 weeks ago.  After looking at the ARRL LOTW web site, it looks as if LOTW gets its FT4 brains from an updated Config file that is available on their site. Evidently
upgrading tqsl does not pull in the new version of  Config file - you have to somehow know to do that after upgrading tqsl.  I will install the latest Config ( ver 11.8 ) and see if FT4 downloads look more like what Aki is seeing
73  K2NF

On Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 08:13:24 PM EDT, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

ARRL site says I am running the current tqsl version ( 2.4.7) which I loaded 2 weeks ago. After looking at the ARRL LOTW web site, it looks as if LOTW gets its FT4 brains from an updated Config file that is available on their site. Evidently upgrading tqsl does not pull in the new version of Config file - you have to somehow know to do that after upgrading tqsl.

+ TQSL and its Configuration Data file are updated independently. If your computer has an internet connection, then when you start TQSL, it informs you if a new version of TQSL is available, or if a new version of its Configuration Data file is available.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

Radio Ktwonf

Upgrade to TQSL ver 2.4.7 and install of Config.xml ver 11.8 from the LOTW web site got FT4 mode upload and download working correctly in L32 Logsync  as per Aki. I probably was napping when LOTW was throwing Config upgrade opportunities at me. Thanks all.
Neil K2NF

+ AA6YQ comments below