Topics

FT4 and Cherry-Picking

David Ross

Forgive me if this is a little long winded

When in Cherry-Picking with FT4 and I work a station in a gridsquare the highlight for that gridsquare goes out as it should.

If I use the cherry picking option with FT4  [Highlight selected gridsquare options if not confirmed] and turn it on cherry-picking will continue to call the station that I have just worked and will call all stations that I have worked and has an X beside there call. I am pissing off a lot of people calling them all the time when I have just worked them.

Now when I go to view awards then simple awards and Grid Squares in mode FT8 I get the list of stations that I have worked/confirmed. When I click on one of the gridsquares that has a C or W I get another box  and it will show me all the stations in that grid I have worked/confirmed this is all using the mode FT8 or Digital etc.

Now when I try and do the same square lookup using the mode MFSK I get the list of squares that I have worked/confirmed but when I click one of the squares the next window is blank is this the problem that when I am using FT4 it does not know that I have already work the station that cherry-picker wants to continually work again and again Hi.

David Gi4sna

Bob

David, there is a new auto-update in Beta testing (and we will be soliciting additional testers in a day or three). Most of the changes are FT4/MFSK related, so I won't specifically talk to your query until you have seen the new version.

However if you have the option to highlight a gridsquare if it is not confirmed (this was an option that was requested by a user, but I never understood why), then when you contact a station in that gridsquare, the highlight remains - correct (the gridsquare is still not confirmed)?. If the gridsquare is still highlighted, then the cherry-picked will call again.

SeventyThree(s).

On July 31, 2019 at 6:19 PM David Ross <gi4sna@...> wrote:

[...]

Bob thanks for the reply.
I will wait with interest to see the Latest version.
I think having the option to highlight if not confirmed is a good idea.
You can work a gridsquare but if the guy is not signed up with LOTW you will not get a match so it is important that the square is still highlighted until you get confirmation but will show him as beaning worked before and cherry-picker will not continue to call him.
Many thanks
David Gi4sna

Bob

David, I'm not following your logic. If the option to highlight gridsquares if not confirmed and you work a station in that gridsquare, the gridsquare remains highlighted. So the cherry picker will (after a mandatory 4 minute waiting period) call the station again. 73.

On July 31, 2019 at 7:21 PM David Ross <gi4sna@...> wrote:

Bob thanks for the reply.
I will wait with interest to see the Latest version.
I think having the option to highlight if not confirmed is a good idea.
You can work a gridsquare but if the guy is not signed up with LOTW you will not get a match so it is important that the square is still highlighted until you get confirmation but will show him as beaning worked before and cherry-picker will not continue to call him.
Many thanks
David Gi4sna

David Ross

Bob not sure if you are winding me up hi

If i work a new square the highlight for that square goes out.

If the station that i worked was not a LOTW user or chose not to put me in his log I would not get a conformation for it.
If I use the option to highlight gridsquares if not confirmed it should ignore the station that I have already worked in that square and highlight the square when it detects another station in that square.

By the way my PC says HI to your PC

David Gi4sna

Bob

David, the option is highlight gridsquare if not confirmed. Period. The option is not highlight gridsquare if not confirmed and this station not worked B4.

Yep, my PC replied with RR73.

On August 1, 2019 at 1:51 PM David Ross <gi4sna@...> wrote:

Bob not sure if you are winding me up hi

If i work a new square the highlight for that square goes out.

If the station that i worked was not a LOTW user or chose not to put me in his log I would not get a conformation for it.
If I use the option to highlight gridsquares if not confirmed it should ignore the station that I have already worked in that square and highlight the square when it detects another station in that square.

By the way my PC says HI to your PC

David Gi4sna

David Ross

Bob, Well that explains it very well.
Do not use highlight gridsquare if not confirmed in Cherry-Picking mode.

Many thanks

David Gi4sna