Topics

Friend file?

Anthony Buscaglia

Just wondering, is there a way to lookup friends in L32 and be able to send their $NAME$ from a file?

Writelog has a FRIEND.INI file and N1MM has Call History.

I am using CHECKCALL to lookup friends, but it would be nice to be able to use CW Machine to send fields from the text file.

Not required - just a nice feature to have…..

73
Tony
K2NV

ja1nlx

Tony

I am writing another CheckCall.
It is CheckFriend which work reading text file like "friend.ini"
It display only his name and transfer to name field in Logbook entry window.

Text file should contain at least callsign and name. The 1st word should be callsign
and the 2nd word should be name. Each word should be separated by "=" or "," or
Space

example:

2E0MLR=NICK
2E0TEC=CARL
3DA0CA=JON
3W5FM=NICK

4F3XX GUDO
4K5ZI YURI
4L1BR SHALVA

73

On 2020/03/19 2:44, Anthony Buscaglia via Groups.Io wrote:
Just wondering, is there a way to lookup friends in L32 and be able to send their $NAME$ from a file?

Writelog has a FRIEND.INI file and N1MM has Call History.

I am using CHECKCALL to lookup friends, but it would be nice to be able to use CW Machine to send fields from the text file.

Not required - just a nice feature to have…..

73
Tony
K2NV

Anthony Buscaglia

HI Aki!

Great! Just what I was looking for!

The same format as WL.
I was using a program called WLFriend for many years that was smiliar to CheckCall and would use Friend.ini as well.

If you need a beta checker I would be happy to!

73

Tony
K2NV