Topics

For Linux expert

Steph, F5NZY

Hello all,

I'm playing with Linux Ubuntu and I installed wine (v1.4).

I was able to install Win-Test without any problem and after this first success, the idea came to me to install Logger32.

For the moment, it doesn't work. The installation is blocked (see screenshot). Someone has already run Logger32 with the wine emulator?

73 de Steph, F5NZY

Gianni In3asw

Steph,
Wine is a compatibility Layer between Windows's  API and Linux, so there're always tons of problems.
I would suggest to use any (free) virtualization platform (VMplayer/VBox)  and install Logger32 on a native Win10.
This'll work for sure ...

73's
Gianni
IN3ASW

Steph, F5NZY

OK Gianni,

I've been using Logger32 for over 25 years and I'm very happy with it. I'm getting back to Linux after more than 20 years and I'm testing several distributions with Oracle V-Box.

So it's not a problem, just a question of curiosity.

Ciao da Parigi.

73 de Steph, F5NZY

ik5pwc

Hello,

few years ago I also tried using WINE, but it ended up in a waste of time.

After several configuration I was finally able to get L32 up and running but I faced two issues:

- Dates were written as a long number (dunno what it was)

- I experienced a lot of crashes when trying to change columns order in logbook (for example).

At that time I also opened a couple of bug issues on wine but never got an answer.

I never tried more complex things like CAT

I ended up using Win on my radio PCs while leaving linux to other machines in my little network.

Just few days ago I was thinking to try again, but as I read your post I decided to maintain my config.

Ciao

--
73 de IK5PWC
Luca CIVININI