Topics

Finding and flagging unconfirmed QSOs

Dean W8ZF

I have been trying out logging programs after retiring.  Since I don't  have much of a station in the near future, I've decided to work on my awards.  While I have confirmed QSOs with over 300 countries, I have never submitted for an award (other than 5BDXCC).  To get started, I renewed my ARRL membership and joined LOTW & ClubLog.  I uploaded my log to LotW and I have credits for some 250 countries or so.  Many of the credits I need aren't available through LotW, so I need to submit paper QSLs.  My previous logger (DXbase) had the ability to generate reports which would show which cards I needed to send in for confirmation.  The DXbase logic would allow me to generate the QSL "pick" list using any combination of worked/confirmed/band/mode.  I cannot find this function in Logger32.  You can get close in DxLab with SQL queries, but this process is not simply a filter.  It is a filter on the result of selection logic, so it doesn't seem to be a convenient function in DxLab either.

Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this essential DXing task (picking out the cards you need to submit for confirmation) with L32?  I don't want a summary of the worked/confirmed status.  I want to take that aggregated worked/confirm data and go find the QSLs that I have marked as "QSL received" in my log, for those countries that remain unconfirmed through online log submissions.

Thanks for any ideas!
73,
Dean W8ZF

n5kd

Hi Dean……

The award screens of Logger32 have three conditions it it track for each band slot. These are
W - worked but no confirmation
C - confirmed by either pater QSL or via LoTW
G - granted - clicking on the band slot in the award table with give you the details of the granted (awarded) QSO.

So, assuming you have just done a LoTW submission to DXCC, then your LoTW web page should have a lot of granted QSOs from LoTW.

The easiest way to do this, is to go to ClubLog and do a “LOTW SYNC” - it’s the third from the bottom of the options on the left hand side.

Once ClubLog agrees with your LoTW account, you can go to the next step.

In Logger32, Select File | Synchronize LoTW (From ClubLog), and do that.

Then L32 awards table should match LoTW.

In that awards table anything confirmed (not Granted) must, by definition, be a QSL card and needs submitting.

It’s not an automatic printout, but will give you all the information you are looking for.

73’ Pete, N5KD.

P.S.  I presume you are using L32 V4.

On Mar 2, 2021, at 18:37, dwfred@... wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Pete!
Yes, I'm using v4.
I'll try this out.  I have tried something similar but could only get a list of the COUNTRIES that needed confirmation, not the QSOs that would help me pick out from my alphabetized cards.  Also, what I did not give results differentiated by mode on each band.  I have already synchronized ClubLog to LotW.  Then I synchronized L32 to LotR.  Should I expect different results if sync'ing L32 to ClubLog, rather than to LotW?
I hope I didn't mess up.  At least I made backups!
73,
Dean W8ZF

n5kd

Hi Dean.

If you have a DXCC band point Granted, then the Logger32 award screen will list all QSOs on that band country.
So if you wanted to know which specific QSO was the Granted one, it is a lot harder.

Maybe Logger32 should only display the actual granted QSO when you click on a G in the award screens. Maybe that ONE QSO could be in a different color to the others that are confirmed on that band point, but not blessed by the ARRL.

Maybe Bob would consider a feature request for that. I think it’s a great idea.

Band points that are only confirmed show as I would expect. You can easily choose which one you want to submit.

Glad you made backups. I’m 100% about backups.

If you need any more pointers, please ask.    Good DX.

73’ Pete, N5KD.

I'll try this out.  I have tried something similar but could only get a list of the COUNTRIES that needed confirmation, not the QSOs that would help me pick out from my alphabetized cards.  Also, what I did not give results differentiated by mode on each band.  I have already synchronized ClubLog to LotW.  Then I synchronized L32 to LotR.  Should I expect different results if sync'ing L32 to ClubLog, rather than to LotW?
I hope I didn't mess up.  At least I made backups!
73,
Dean W8ZF

Pete, I suspect you will find the 'granted' QSO in the generic QSOs window will be appropriately highlighted (if you have things setup to do so). Or, you might even be able to sort the list of QSOs by the appropriate column. The picture shows an extract from your logbook (DXCC award in the background). I clicked on the Spratley Island 20m G. The Generic QSO window shows two Spratley Island QSOs. Guess which one is granted?

Additionally, the awards table can be exported to personalized spreadsheet templates to massage the presentation to suit ones taste (or in simple .CSV format for off-line manipulation.

SeventyThree(s).

[...]

That’s amazing Bob.

9M6SSL is the granted one for sure.

I’m going to spend the next six months trying to figure out how you did that.

73’ Pete, N5KD.

I'll try this out.  I have tried something similar but could only get a list of the COUNTRIES that needed confirmation, not the QSOs that would help me pick out from my alphabetized cards.  Also, what I did not give results differentiated by mode on each band.  I have already synchronized ClubLog to LotW.  Then I synchronized L32 to LotR.  Should I expect different results if sync'ing L32 to ClubLog, rather than to LotW?
I hope I didn't mess up.  At least I made backups!
73,
Dean W8ZF

Dean W8ZF

Pete,