File Help

Tom Wylie

Hi guys

I have a new PC running windows 10. I downloaded a new fresh copy of Logger 32 to setup from scratch on the new PC. The PC is a used Dell windows 10 with 16gb RAM and 0.5Tb hard drive. Logger downloaded and setup as expected without problem. I have setup the CAT, CW COMport, UDP, JTDX and all seemed OK and was running nicely with my SunSDR2 DX Radio. However, when I tried to log a "specimen" QSO, BEFORE importing my real log, on pressing enter from the Logbook Entry window, the QSO just disappeared and was not logged.

A little bit of investigating tells me that I have a missing or corrupt file:

MSCOMCT2.OCX

Is this a file missing within Logger32 or is it missing within Windows. My used PC came with Win10 pre-installed, and otherwise seems to work OK.

I know I can download mscomct2.ocw but where do I put it? Should I re-download and install Logger?

My main PC with Logger and all my logs is still running entirely seperate on a different PC so no damage done.

Tom
GM4FDM
--
I thought growing old would take longer.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say: "Close enough."

Bob

A full install of Logger32 will install and register MSCOMCT2.OCX if it is not already on your PC. First you need to find the correct MSCOMCT2.OCX ... If you have 64bit windows the look in \Windows\SysWOW64 for the file. If you have 32bit Windows look in \Windows\System32. Find the file and delete it. Now do a full install of Logger32 again. This time the file should be installed and registered. SeventyThree(s)

On 05/08/2021 11:02 AM Tom Wylie <thomasgwylie@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Bob

Tom
GM4FDM

On 08/05/2021 16:21, Bob wrote:
[...]

Sorted Bob - thank you

Tom
GM4FDM

PS Any plan to include TCI Protocal "Transceiver Control Interface" - any time soon or even at all??

On 08/05/2021 16:21, Bob wrote:
[...]

TCI? Probably not. What could/would it add to Logger32? SeventyThree(s).