Feature Request - Mark station 'worked today'

John, G4DRS

I realise that Logger32 is not, and has never been intended to be a contest logger, but...
I wonder if would be easy to change the highlight for a station in the 'Show Previous QSOs' window so that it shows 'you have previously worked this station, on this band and this mode, within the last 24 hours, or 48 hours, or whatever. After the specified period, the highlight would revert to the standard colours.
It would be a trigger to help prevent inadvertently working a duplicate, on the odd occasion that one was using Logger32 during a contest.
I realise that I should be capable of remembering when I have worked a station in the last few hours, but I'm getting old. I have trouble remembering what I had for lunch...

John
G4DRS

ja1nlx

John

How about making 2nd INI and new Logbook for the contest ?

73

On 2021/02/21 8:33, John, G4DRS via groups.io wrote:
I realise that Logger32 is not, and has never been intended to be a contest logger, but...
I wonder if would be easy to change the highlight for a station in the 'Show Previous QSOs' window so that it shows 'you have previously worked this station, on this band and this mode, within the last 24 hours, or 48 hours, or whatever. After the specified period, the highlight would revert to the standard colours.
It would be a trigger to help prevent inadvertently working a duplicate, on the odd occasion that one was using Logger32 during a contest.
I realise that I should be capable of remembering when I have worked a station in the last few hours, but I'm getting old. I have trouble remembering what I had for lunch...

John
G4DRS

aki JA1NLX

Gary Hinson

Hi John.

Me too – a bacon sandwich, possibly.

Anyway, before I forget, for casual contesting I find it helps to show the Previous QSOs window immediately next to the log entry pane.  It’s easy enough to look for previous QSOs with today or yesterday’s date when you are logging and about to call someone e.g.

I realise that Logger32 is not, and has never been intended to be a contest logger, but...
I wonder if would be easy to change the highlight for a station in the 'Show Previous QSOs' window so that it shows 'you have previously worked this station, on this band and this mode, within the last 24 hours, or 48 hours, or whatever. After the specified period, the highlight would revert to the standard colours.
It would be a trigger to help prevent inadvertently working a duplicate, on the odd occasion that one was using Logger32 during a contest.
I realise that I should be capable of remembering when I have worked a station in the last few hours, but I'm getting old. I have trouble remembering what I had for lunch...

John
G4DRS

Michael Harris

Hi John,

Before I start making contest QSOs I make sure I have uploaded all outstanding QSOs to LoTW. My logbook line colours are changed to a pale blue after being flagged for upolad.

Subsequently when I make contest QSOs they show up as the normal logbook line colours and the previous QSOs show up in the upload colour. All you need to do is check if it is a new band.

After I've finished with the contest I upload to LoTW.

I hope that makes sense.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO

On 20/02/2021 20:33, John, G4DRS via groups.io wrote:
I realise that Logger32 is not, and has never been intended to be a contest logger, but...
I wonder if would be easy to change the highlight for a station in the 'Show Previous QSOs' window so that it shows 'you have previously worked this station, on this band and this mode, within the last 24 hours, or 48 hours, or whatever. After the specified period, the highlight would revert to the standard colours.
It would be a trigger to help prevent inadvertently working a duplicate, on the odd occasion that one was using Logger32 during a contest.
I realise that I should be capable of remembering when I have worked a station in the last few hours, but I'm getting old. I have trouble remembering what I had for lunch...
John
G4DRS

John, G4DRS

Thanks.
The problem arises when I work someone I've worked a load of times before, and who uses LOTW, then I get a sea of red in my Previous QSOs window, and I have great difficulty seeing today's date amongst them all, never mind that I may have worked him on another band already today...
Bottom line: I had no intention of working more than half a dozen or so in this weekend's ARRL CW. Now I've worked over 50, on 4 different bands, I'm struggling a bit. I should have used N1MM+, but it didn't seem worth it...

:)

John
G4DRS

John, G4DRS

Aki,
If I had thought I was going to make more than a handful of QSOs, I would have started a log in N1MM+ and imported it into Logger32 after the event, as I usually do. It has all got a bit out of hand this weekend...:)

John
G4DRS

Gary Hinson

😊

Is your Previous QSOs window sorted by date?  If so, you’re not looking for recent QSOs in amongst them all, but up there at the top.

If it looks like you’ll be making more than just a few more casual QSOs, you can export a partial log from Logger32 as an ADIF, then open N1MM+, set up the contest, import the ADIF, and take things more seriously.

73 GL

Gary  ZL2iFB