Errors when opening L32 - need I worry?

Philip (G4OBK) Catterall

Since updating to V4 last month and including the latest update to V4.0.242 I get two Windows error messages come up when opening the program. I simply OK them and continue using the program. L32 then runs perfectly in all the aspects I use it. Combined with JTDX for the MGM modes it's simply brilliant.

These are: Error 53 (File not found) inprocedure trimRollbackFiles of Module Misc  Error on lin:160 Logger32:4.0.242

and Error 75 (Path/File access error) in procedure trimRollbackFiles of Module Misc  Error on lin:170 Logger32:4.0.242

Should I worry or just carry on enjoying the program as I am? Pics attached

73 Phil G4OBK

Bob

Phil, I think the correct answer is yes and no. The error occurs when Logger32 is making sure there is (or is it are?) no more than 10 rollback directories in the Logger32 folder. In your case, it appears there are. But, for some reason Logger32 can't delete the surplus ones. Take a peek inside the Logger32 folder. You will see a list of folders like this

Notice, in my case,  there are 10 Updatefiles folders and oldest is at the top. You will have more than 10. Delete the top one until there's only 10 left. Lext time you start Logger32, you should have no errors. The real test will be after the next auto-update to see if Logger32 can successfully delete the oldest Updatefolder. SeventyThree(s).

On 02/16/2021 9:16 AM Philip (G4OBK) Catterall <cq@...> wrote:

Since updating to V4 last month and including the latest update to V4.0.242 I get two Windows error messages come up when opening the program. I simply OK them and continue using the program. L32 then runs perfectly in all the aspects I use it. Combined with JTDX for the MGM modes it's simply brilliant.

These are: Error 53 (File not found) inprocedure trimRollbackFiles of Module Misc  Error on lin:160 Logger32:4.0.242

and Error 75 (Path/File access error) in procedure trimRollbackFiles of Module Misc  Error on lin:170 Logger32:4.0.242

Should I worry or just carry on enjoying the program as I am? Pics attached

73 Phil G4OBK

Philip (G4OBK) Catterall

Subject: Re: Errors when opening L32 - need I worry?

Top Man Bob Thanks – you were dead right. I had 11 Update files folders. For posterity I saved the latest from the old 3.50 series, deleted the older 4 folders. Deleted the first folder of the version 4 I took. Leaving 6 folders.

Closed L32, reopened and great,  no error messages. Sorted. I’ll count up the update files folders after the next update and see if any go automatically. Maybe they will build to 10 and then stay at 10. We’ll see…

All the best

Phil