Topics

Error Msg #503

ROBERT JURISH

Gary,
I keep getting the following error #503 msg.
"I:\LOGBOOKBACKUP_FULL_001.ZIP" does not exist.

Program works just fine otherwise.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob K9DT

On November 5, 2019 at 11:35 AM Gary Hinson <Gary@...> wrote:

You’re welcome Dave.  I hope it works out OK for you.

GL!

Gary  ZL2iFB

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Hobro
Sent: 05 November 2019 23:12
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] ADIF Editing

Thanks Gary for the 'tutorial'.

Because I had the issues with Clublog reassigning countries, I had never looked any further into the ClubLog validations.  Armed with your information I will run a validation and see what it throws up, might not be for a week or two.  With a direct email address I will get in touch with ClubLog again which may help them to resolve any issues with deleted countries etc.

73's
Dave, G4IDF

Bob

If the message was Cannot open zip file, then your problem is that Logger32 can not see the I drive. SeventyThree(s)

On November 5, 2019 at 1:31 PM ROBERT JURISH <k9dt@...> wrote:

Gary,

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob K9DT

GL!

Gary  ZL2iFB

Because I had the issues with Clublog reassigning countries, I had never looked any further into the ClubLog validations.  Armed with your information I will run a validation and see what it throws up, might not be for a week or two.  With a direct email address I will get in touch with ClubLog again which may help them to resolve any issues with deleted countries etc.

73's
Dave, G4IDF

Bob

"I:\LOGBOOKBACKUP_FULL_001.ZIP" does not exist

If the error really is  does not exist, then is the I drive a cloud or remote drive? If so, see this from the help file. SeventyThree(s).

Gary,

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob K9DT

GL!

Gary  ZL2iFB

73's
Dave, G4IDF

Bob

I suppose it would be more accurate to say something like this:

NOTE: It is recommended you NOT backup directly to a cloud/remote drive. Create a \Backup directory on a local drive, change file path on your Logger32 backup window to point to this directory. Then after the backup is completed, move the complete \Backup directory to the cloud drive. 

After making several backups, you will notice that Logger32 maintains the 10 most recent backup - files named <whatever>-001.zip, -002.zip, etc. 010 is the most recent. When you have the full compliment of 10 backups and you make another one, it is temporarily called 011. Then the fun starts that often causes the cloud to Chernobyl ... 001 is deleted, 002 is renamed 001, 003 is renamed 002, 004 is renamed 003, etc. until 011 is renamed 010 and we once again have out 10 most recent backups. SeventyThree(s).

On November 5, 2019 at 2:31 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

If the error really is  does not exist, then is the I drive a cloud or remote drive? If so, see this from the help file. SeventyThree(s).

Gary,

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob K9DT

GL!

Gary  ZL2iFB

73's
Dave, G4IDF

Gary Hinson

So how about changing the backup strategy to avoid all that file-renaming shenanigans e.g. sequentially number each new backup, or use a date-time stamp as part of the file name, save it then delete older backups leaving the most recent 10? 

Perhaps even amend the deletion process to give a structured grandfather-father-son scheme allowing us to restore to any day within the past week, any week within the past month [5 weeks], or any month within the past year [12 months]? 

Gary  ZL2iFB

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: 06 November 2019 08:46
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Error Msg #503

NOTE: It is recommended you NOT backup directly to a cloud/remote drive. Create a \Backup directory on a local drive, change file path on your Logger32 backup window to point to this directory. Then after the backup is completed, move the complete \Backup directory to the cloud drive. 

After making several backups, you will notice that Logger32 maintains the 10 most recent backup - files named <whatever>-001.zip, -002.zip, etc. 010 is the most recent. When you have the full compliment of 10 backups and you make another one, it is temporarily called 011. Then the fun starts that often causes the cloud to Chernobyl ... 001 is deleted, 002 is renamed 001, 003 is renamed 002, 004 is renamed 003, etc. until 011 is renamed 010 and we once again have out 10 most recent backups. SeventyThree(s).

Gary,

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob K9DT

GL!

Gary  ZL2iFB

73's
Dave, G4IDF

Bob

Simple Gary, it works perfectly, and does exactly what I wanted. SeventyThree(s).

On November 5, 2019 at 3:21 PM Gary Hinson <Gary@...> wrote:

So how about changing the backup strategy to avoid all that file-renaming shenanigans e.g. sequentially number each new backup, or use a date-time stamp as part of the file name, save it then delete older backups leaving the most recent 10? 

Perhaps even amend the deletion process to give a structured grandfather-father-son scheme allowing us to restore to any day within the past week, any week within the past month [5 weeks], or any month within the past year [12 months]? 

Gary  ZL2iFB

Gary,

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob K9DT

GL!

Gary  ZL2iFB

73's
Dave, G4IDF

Gary Hinson

OK!

Sent: 06 November 2019 09:28

Simple Gary, it works perfectly, and does exactly what I wanted. SeventyThree(s).

On November 5, 2019 at 3:21 PM Gary Hinson <Gary@...> wrote:

Gary  ZL2iFB

Gary,

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob K9DT

GL!

Gary  ZL2iFB

73's
Dave, G4IDF