Topics

Error Message

Bob Schofield

Group (I've also posted this on the FT8 site)

I have been using WSJT-X with both N1MM and Logger32 for some time now with no problems.

This past weekend I dismantled my setup and used it at a club setting, through a dummy load to demonstrate Digital Contesting using: N1MM, MMVARI and WSJT-X.

Today I put the station back to regular use in my radio room.

Problem when trying to use it with Logger32 is showing up.  Note: working just fine with N1MM.

Hamlib error: Command rejected by the rig while setting frequency.

I keep getting the above error message whenever I either use the Tune or TX buttons.  When the TX stops, the above error message shows up.

To the best of my knowledge the only thing that changed was when I opened Logger32 today it updated to the latest version.  I thought maybe this was causing the problem so I went in and did a roll back to the previous version, and the message still pots up.

I have gone through all the setting in Logger32 and they are good.  I also went through all the setting in WSJT-X and all were set as to the way there were before, no changes.

From what I can see while using WSJT-X to control the radio, it changes bands and modes with not problem and the radio responds to the changes.

When I TX it sends the message, no problem.  Only when TX stops does this message appear.

Any suggestions as to why this message keeps popping up?

Bob/VE1RSM

Gary Hinson

Hi Bob.

It sounds to me as if the problem lies in the communications between WSJT-X and your radio, using the Hamlib functions to set the radio into split mode and QSY the TX VFO.

Under the radio tab in F2 settings, try changing “Split Operation” from “Rig”  to “Fake it” or “None” to skip the radio commands: if tune works now, that’s homed-in on the problem.

However, this is the support forum for Logger32, which I don’t think has any involvement in your problem.  Try the WSJT-X support forum instead.

Or, for kicks, try JTDX instead of WSJT-X to see if that magically clears the problem.

[...]

From what I can see while using WSJT-X to control the radio, it changes bands and modes with not problem and the radio responds to the changes.

When I TX it sends the message, no problem.  Only when TX stops does this message appear.

Any suggestions as to why this message keeps popping up?

Bob/VE1RSM

ja1nlx

Bob

What is your settings in wsjtx Radio TAB ?  PTT by ?  Split ?

What is your Radio ?

Logger32 does not use Hamlib. The message come from wsjtx.

I always use jtdx and sometimes use wsjtx for testing. Only things I notice is that

the latest Hamlib looks not working properly with ICOM radio.

73

On 2020/03/04 9:20, Bob Schofield wrote:
[...]

From what I can see while using WSJT-X to control the radio, it changes bands and modes with not problem and the radio responds to the changes.

When I TX it sends the message, no problem.  Only when TX stops does this message appear.

Any suggestions as to why this message keeps popping up?

Bob/VE1RSM

Bob Schofield

Thanks

I found the problem this morning.  Somehow a menu setting at menu 19 on the FT857 changed.  I had not changed any menus but for some unknown reason it changed from CAT to Tune.

All is back to normal operations today.

Bob/VE1RSM