Topics

Error Message

Colin

Hi all,

I have suddenly started getting the following error message, strangely enough when I started using FT4 on 21140 kHz.   That might be coincidence though -

"It's my fault, I'm getting old and forgetful

I am about to reset the complex keys in the database and have temporarily lost track of data for your QSO with (whatever callsign) on FT4.

dbBusy flag is set to false

I have not modified your logbook.   Please try this again."

Thoughts please?

73

Colin, G3PSM

Bob

... what were you attempting to do when the error occurred? It looks like you were attempting to modify a previously entered QSO in the Logbook. Before actually making the change, Logger32 checked that there was a callsign, a band, and a mode in the new record it was going to overwrite the existing. One of those three fields was missing. It's probably not a good idea to change the QSO with one of those three missing. Did you try again, and what happened? SeventyThree(s).

On October 12, 2019 at 9:20 AM Colin <colin.g3psm@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I have suddenly started getting the following error message, strangely
enough when I started using FT4 on 21140 kHz.   That might be
coincidence though -

"It's my fault, I'm getting old and forgetful

I am about to reset the complex keys in the database and have
temporarily lost track of data for your QSO with (whatever callsign) on FT4.

dbBusy flag is set to false

I have not modified your logbook.   Please try this again."

Thoughts please?

73

Colin, G3PSM

Bob

... the error message text should be:

I am about to reset the complex keys in the database and have temporarily lost track of data for your QSO with callsign on band mode

I see no band in your report. So, Logger32 didn't see 15M in the modified record and decided not to change the QSO as requested. SeventyThree(s).

On October 12, 2019 at 9:20 AM Colin <colin.g3psm@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I have suddenly started getting the following error message, strangely
enough when I started using FT4 on 21140 kHz.   That might be
coincidence though -

"It's my fault, I'm getting old and forgetful

I am about to reset the complex keys in the database and have
temporarily lost track of data for your QSO with (whatever callsign) on FT4.

dbBusy flag is set to false

I have not modified your logbook.   Please try this again."

Thoughts please?

73

Colin, G3PSM

View/Reply Online (#77803): https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/message/77803
Group Owner: hamlogger+owner@groups.io

Colin

OK, problem solved, I think.

The offset frequency of 21141.72 was appearing in the logbook page but the band wasn't appearing.   Changing the entry in the Band/Modes table from 21140 -21140 to 21140 - 21142 seems to have solved it.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction BoB.

73

Colin, G3PSM