Error in the STATE in ADI import solved

Arturo LU6ETB

Hi,

I received the following error in ADI import
Error in the STATE field:   <CALL:5>VO1CH  <STATE:2>NF
I tried to modify the Code from NL to NF and received the below error
In order to solve it, I found the following workarround
1) Export to CSV file
2) Modified the CSV (Replaced NL with NF)
3) Import CSV file

73 de Arturo, LU6ETB

Darl DEEDS

Perhaps I am wrong but it appears that Logger did it correctly. In effect you have circumvented the proper way.

Canada has no states so it should not be filled!

73

Darl  NA8W

I received the following error in ADI import
Error in the STATE field:   <CALL:5>VO1CH  <STATE:2>NF
I tried to modify the Code from NL to NF and received the below error
In order to solve it, I found the following workarround
1) Export to CSV file
2) Modified the CSV (Replaced NL with NF)
3) Import CSV file

73 de Arturo, LU6ETB

Bob

The ADIF field name is indeed STATE. However, the field is used for the Primary Administrative Subdivision for that Country - For the US that is State, for Canada it's Province. etc. The ADIF specifications say the the Canadian Province Newfoundland and Labrador as the ADIF is NL.

Users can change this to anything they like, but it should be left as NL for compatibility.

SeventyThree(s),

On 09/26/2022 2:22 PM Darl DEEDS <na8w@...> wrote:

Perhaps I am wrong but it appears that Logger did it correctly. In effect you have circumvented the proper way.

Canada has no states so it should not be filled!

73

Darl  NA8W

I received the following error in ADI import
Error in the STATE field:   <CALL:5>VO1CH  <STATE:2>NF
I tried to modify the Code from NL to NF and received the below error
In order to solve it, I found the following workarround
1) Export to CSV file
2) Modified the CSV (Replaced NL with NF)
3) Import CSV file

73 de Arturo, LU6ETB

Darl DEEDS

Thanks for clarifying that Bob.