Topics

Enhancement

Rick EA4M

Hello

I know that satellites world is a little complicated for adif and specially Lotw. I have noticed that some users do not fill correclty the fields necesary to confirm a qso via Lotw or Eqsl , resulting a lack of match for many qso's. That is why I ask for an enhancement for satellite qso's.

I don't know if it is possible or very complicated because I don't know anything about programming.... but here I go

It could consist on a menu or a new sub menu in qso window to choose logging qso in satellite mode prefilling some fields as  PROP_MODE , the field BAND_RX amd BAND_TX with a selectable menu from available bands, the field SAT_NAME with a selectable menu from a file containing the names of satellites ( this could contain also rx band for BAND_RX field and tx band for BAND_TX field such as any other information) and finally the field SAT_MODE that contains if the cross band was V/U or U/V or other with a selectable menu( the file containing sat names could contain this information too )

I don't kno wif I explained my self correctly 'cause english is not my mother tongue and I'm not good english speaker.....

Please let mekow if I could help, I will be able to build the needed file to do that if necessary.....

Thanks

Rick EA4M

Libre de virus. www.avast.com

Bob

Rick, you are correct satellite QSOs and the requirements for electronic confirmation are a pain in the ass. I understand you request (no problems with your English).

It is not necessary to make any changes to Logger32 to meet your needs. You can already configure the logbook entry window to show BAND_RX, SAT_NAME, and SAT_MODE ADIF fields.

If you operate both HF and satellite, then can consider having two Logger32 configurations (with a common logbook). One setup for an HF logbook entry window, and one for satellite.

73.

On 01/28/2021 3:30 AM Rick EA4M via groups.io <ea4m@...> wrote:

[...]

Ok, I have something similar bob but I thought on the enhancement for those who don't spend time trying to know how to confirm a qso, there are a lot of hams don't doing that...... Bit anyway thanks a lot