e-mail notofications

Peter Wollenberg

Hi,

updated to 4.236 no problem at all. Great new additions to a program that was already first class.

So far all seems fine. Only mystery is I have changed my internet service provider-finally a faster connection- and would like to continue receiving email notifications for any DX  spots I need. I added all the GMAIL  settings for the new provider as per the new HELP pdf but cannot get a connection to the email server. This feature worked well with my previous provider.

Any hints or tips or anyone else has the same problem?

73
Peter
VA3DXA

Bob

The Logger32 eMail uses SSL encryption. As I recall Gmail defaults to TLS, but there is (or there used to be) a gmail configuration option to use SSL. 73.

On 01/25/2021 12:34 PM Peter Wollenberg <peterwollenberg@...> wrote:

Hi,

updated to 4.236 no problem at all. Great new additions to a program that was already first class.

So far all seems fine. Only mystery is I have changed my internet service provider-finally a faster connection- and would like to continue receiving email notifications for any DX  spots I need. I added all the GMAIL  settings for the new provider as per the new HELP pdf but cannot get a connection to the email server. This feature worked well with my previous provider.

Any hints or tips or anyone else has the same problem?

73
Peter
VA3DXA

Jim Altman

Gmail still supports SSL on port 465.  TLS is on port 587.  You also have to generate an “App Password” in your google security settings.  The SSL still works, but its days are numbered.

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

[...]

Thank you .

Will give it a try.
Peter
VA3DXA

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 12:55 PM Jim Altman <jaltman636@...> wrote:

[...]

Dan Atchison

Go to your Google account and select Security.  On this new page, scroll down to “Less secure app access.”  Turn it on (it’s probably off).

73,

Dan