From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of KX2A
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2020 10:20 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] DX spots have stopped

When using Logger32 (any mode, not just FT8), DX spots show in the Telnet window, but no in the DX spots window.  However, the DX spots window shows when a WWV or propagation announcement is made.  "Hold off DX spots" is not checked or highlighted.

Help appreciated.

73,
Jan, KX2A

KX2A

Jim,

I followed these links: DX spots-> Setup -> DX spot -> blocking/pass filters -> tabbed display. I created the following:
Spotting cont. : no checks
Destination cont. : no checks
Band: blocked 60 M and 6 M and higher
Mode: no checks
DX: no checks
Originator: one US station blocked
Comment: blocked "Please"
Dupes: no checks

Result was still no spots to DX spots grid

73,
Jan, KX2A

ja1nlx

Jan

Try this.

Type !KX2A in callsign field in Logbook Entry Window and hit Return key.

Is KX2A displayed in DX Spot Window ?

73

On 2020/02/28 9:37, KX2A wrote:
Jim,

I followed these links: DX spots-> Setup -> DX spot -> blocking/pass filters -> tabbed display. I created the following:
Spotting cont. : no checks
Destination cont. : no checks
Band: blocked 60 M and 6 M and higher
Mode: no checks
DX: no checks
Originator: one US station blocked
Comment: blocked "Please"
Dupes: no checks

Result was still no spots to DX spots grid

73,
Jan, KX2A

KX2A

JA1NLX,

I typed !KX2A into the callsign field in the entry window and nothing happened in the DX Spot window or in the telnet window. That is an exclamation point in front of my callsign.

73,

Jan, KX2A

ja1nlx

Jan

It looks DX spot window not working.

Try virgin Logger32.ini and see whether DX spot are displayed in DX spot window.

Virgin Logger32.ini ?

Yes look for Logger32.ini in Logger32 folder. Rename it to Logger32.ini.OLD. Run Logger32.

Logger32 open with default settings. Connect to any telnet host and see whether DX spot

On 2020/02/28 22:26, KX2A wrote:
JA1NLX,

I typed !KX2A into the callsign field in the entry window and nothing happened in the DX Spot window or in the telnet window. That is an exclamation point in front of my callsign.

73,

Jan, KX2A

Jim Hargrave

Jan,
Did you press <Enter> after your !callsign?

Jim – w5ifp-

I typed !KX2A into the callsign field in the entry window and nothing
happened in the DX Spot window or in the telnet window. That is
an exclamation point in front of my callsign.

73,

Jan, KX2A

KX2A

JA1NLX,

I renamed Logger32.INI (sic) to Logger32.INI.old.  Logger32 started as if it were the first time.  I connected to K2LS, which was already in Telnet, and did a sh/dx in the telnet window.  A dx list appeared in Telnet, but there were no entries in the DX spots window.

73,

Jan, KX2A

Jan

Is your Telnet callsign the same as the cluster callsign?

Don't know if this matters but mine are the same and telnet populates the dxspot window here.
73
Jan (hi) PA4JJ

Op 28-2-2020 om 15:33 schreef KX2A:
JA1NLX,

I renamed Logger32.INI (sic) to Logger32.INI.old.  Logger32 started as if it were the first time.  I connected to K2LS, which was already in Telnet, and did a sh/dx in the telnet window.  A dx list appeared in Telnet, but there were no entries in the DX spots window.

73,

Jan, KX2A

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi:
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388

KX2A

Here is another follow-up.  I managed to get DX spots working again.  I had entered PSK in the Setup Bands and Modes matrix, but failed to put in a frequency.  This caused the failure of the spots to enter the DX spots window.

After a restart of Logger32, the band data now correctly follow the frequency.  G-d's in her heaven, all's right with the world.

73,
Jan, KX2A