duplicate spots in DX Spots window

Paul - W1PR

I have tried several different cluster sites but I'm running into a problem that occurs no matter which cluster site I use: Duplicate spots appear in the DX Spots window but NOT in the Telnet window.
For example:

There are six dupes in this screen shot, at 04:01, 04:07, 04:23, 04:27, 04:29, and 04:34. The cluster is running DXSpider. The Telnet window showed only single instances.

I have only a single line of script for login: W1PR
Keep alive
is set to 20 min for all 3: Telnet, Cluster, Local Host. Is this my error?
Send DX spots from Telnet port is enabled.
 A couple of times the Spots window was scrolling the same spot so fast it was like watching the screen when you keep pressing a single key. The only I was able to interrupt it was to close the program.
I know the problem is on my end, not the clusters'.
Help! What am I missing? TNX!

73 de Paul W1PR

Bob

A perfect visual of total folly of DX Clusters. Sort of the Ham Radio equivalent of an obsessive hoarder. The only thing missing are the almost mandatory 'Goooal!' and 'Bingooo!' comments.

Paul, it appears you are connected to an aggregator that is not filtering their spots. Right click on the DX Spots window. Click SETUP | DX SPOT BLOCKING ...  Select the DUPES tab. Are the upper two checkboxes checked?

Also, back to the DXSpot window. Right click. Click SETUP | APPEARANCE and check the option to ENABLE OVERWRITE OF VISIBLE DUPLICATE DX SPOTS.

SeventyThree(s)AndBackToNetOverOver.

On 02/16/2021 12:17 AM Paul - W1PR <w1pr@...> wrote:

[...]

Bob, I'll give it a try, but if your theory is true then why do I not see the dupes in the telnet window?
   de W1PR

Bob

Do you possibly have both a Telnet and a Local host spewing their effluent simultaneously? SeventyThree(s).

On 02/16/2021 11:13 AM Paul - W1PR <w1pr@...> wrote:

Bob, I'll give it a try, but if your theory is true then why do I not see the dupes in the telnet window?
   de W1PR

Paul - W1PR

That's my question. I do not log on to Local host, only Telnet. But I did have Keep Alive enabled for Local Host. I just unchecked it, leaving Keep Alive check for Telnet.
DX Spot Blocking and Overwrite Dupes boxes were already checked.
I'll leave the program open today and see what happens.
TNX.

Bob

Paul, if there is nothing connected to the Localhost port, then 'keep-alive' doesn't/can't do anything.