From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Rick EA4M via groups.io
Sent: miðvikudagur, 3. mars 2021 13:30
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] Deleting dupes

Hello is there any way to delete dupes more than one by one?

I have a bunch of them....

Thanks

73'de Rick EA4M

Rick EA4M

Ok.... I'll test it

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021, 15:25 Vilhjalmur Sigurjonsson <vilhj@...> wrote:

Rick,

If they are real duplicates the easiest way would be to export the logfile to ADIF, make a new log and import the ADIF fil. Then you would get a clean log with the reported dupes in the BAD.ADI file.

73 Villi
TF3VS

Hello is there any way to delete dupes more than one by one?

I have a bunch of them....

Thanks

73'de Rick EA4M

Jose EA7BJ

You can use the SP7DQR application called DUPE_Selector on its page

http://sp7dqr.pl/en/converters.php

73 EA7BJ Jose.

Richard M. Gillingham

WOW!!

There a lot of interesting files here.  DUPE_Selector works Gangbusters!

Many thanks for pointing this out Jose.

73
Gil,W1RG

On Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 02:55:44 PM EST, Jose EA7BJ <ea7bj@...> wrote:

You can use the SP7DQR application called DUPE_Selector on its page

http://sp7dqr.pl/en/converters.php

73 EA7BJ Jose.

Michael Harris

Hi Gil,

I tried it on a backup log and it worked fine, pretty slow work though. However, you have to be careful. It found four dupes in my log three were dupes, the usual overlapping FT8 contacts, one wasn't a dupe in the true sense. The time setting was the apparent default of 60 seconds and it caught one out of three very quick QSOs I made on PSK, three different speeds with a station. None were dupes but two fitted within the 60 second window so the last one was filtered as a dupe. So it looks like the time window would need to be shortened.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO

On Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 02:55:44 PM EST, Jose EA7BJ <ea7bj@hotmail.com> wrote:
You can use the SP7DQR application called DUPE_Selector on its page
http://sp7dqr.pl/en/converters.php <http://sp7dqr.pl/en/converters.php>
73 EA7BJ Jose.

Richard M. Gillingham

You can do that.  It should come up as an option when you start the app.

As for slow...  Lot's faster than one-by-one.  I had over 3k to get rid of.

I haven't looked at the other things on his site, but looked interesting as I browsed for this one.

73
Gil, W1RG

On Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 06:05:16 PM EST, Michael Harris via groups.io <mike.harris@...> wrote:

Hi Gil,

I tried it on a backup log and it worked fine, pretty slow work though.
However, you have to be careful. It found four dupes in my log three
were dupes, the usual overlapping FT8 contacts, one wasn't a dupe in the
true sense. The time setting was the apparent default of 60 seconds and
it caught one out of three very quick QSOs I made on PSK, three
different speeds with a station. None were dupes but two fitted within
the 60 second window so the last one was filtered as a dupe. So it looks
like the time window would need to be shortened.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO

On 03/03/2021 19:31, Richard M. Gillingham wrote:
> WOW!!
>
> There a lot of interesting files here.  DUPE_Selector works Gangbusters!
>
> Many thanks for pointing this out Jose.
>
> 73
> Gil,W1RG
>
> On Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 02:55:44 PM EST, Jose EA7BJ
> <ea7bj@...> wrote:
>

> You can use the SP7DQR application called DUPE_Selector on its page
>
> http://sp7dqr.pl/en/converters.php <http://sp7dqr.pl/en/converters.php>
>

> 73 EA7BJ Jose.

Michael Harris

There is a drop down to select the time window. I just left it at the default 60 seconds to see what the results were.

It took a couple of hours to run through my log, 35000 entries, 6600 calls to compare. Win 10/64 Pro 3.2GHz 2-core. However, that does not stop you doing other things at the same time.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO