Data transfer to Logger32

KE1F Lou

My old computer stopped working so I got a new one with new problems. All the problems are resolved, with the exception of one.

On my old computer, running old Logger 32  when I made a FT8 QSO, miraculously the QSO data was transferred from JTDX to my main logging program Logger32.

Now, I am running the new, Logger32 v. 4. The miraculous transfer is not taking place.

I sure could use some guidance to make this miracle to happen :)

73, Lou KE1F

Andy M0NKR

Make sure the UDP or TCP port addresses are correct.

73
Andy
M0NKR

On 23 Mar 2021, at 14:44, KE1F Lou <lmecseri@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

My old computer stopped working so I got a new one with new problems. All the problems are resolved, with the exception of one.

On my old computer, running old Logger 32 when I made a FT8 QSO, miraculously the QSO data was transferred from JTDX to my main logging program Logger32.

Now, I am running the new, Logger32 v. 4. The miraculous transfer is not taking place.

I sure could use some guidance to make this miracle to happen :)

73, Lou KE1F

KE1F Lou

I have the following numbers

TCP server 127.0.0.1

ICP Port 52001

and

2nd UDP 127.0.0.1

UDP port 2333

what are the "correct" numbers?

Lou, KE1F

On 3/23/2021 10:51 AM, Andy M0NKR via groups.io wrote:
Make sure the UDP or TCP port addresses are correct.

73
Andy
M0NKR
On 23 Mar 2021, at 14:44, KE1F Lou <lmecseri@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

My old computer stopped working so I got a new one with new problems. All the problems are resolved, with the exception of one.

On my old computer, running old Logger 32 when I made a FT8 QSO, miraculously the QSO data was transferred from JTDX to my main logging program Logger32.

Now, I am running the new, Logger32 v. 4. The miraculous transfer is not taking place.

I sure could use some guidance to make this miracle to happen :)

73, Lou KE1F

Andy M0NKR

What are they in Jtdx?

They need to match logger32 or vice-versa

Andy
M0NKR

On 23 Mar 2021, at 15:08, KE1F Lou <lmecseri@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

[...]

Also need to make sure the ports are open in logger32

Right click on the bottom of your screen to open ports on tcp or udp, they will be coloured blue if open and red if closed

Andy
M0NKR

On 23 Mar 2021, at 15:13, Andrew Goldsmith <andrewgoldsmith22@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

What are they in Jtdx?

They need to match logger32 or vice-versa

Andy
M0NKR

Sent from my iPhone

[...]

Thank you to all of you who helped me to get back into ham radio and contesting.

This computer sh.t is real hard on an old timer with poor hearing, eye site etc.

Thanks again and see you guys and girls in the CW, RTTY, FT8 and FT4 bands.

73, Lou KE1F

On 3/23/2021 11:13 AM, Andy M0NKR via groups.io wrote:
[...]

What was the fix action?

73
Andy
M0NKR

On 23 Mar 2021, at 22:05, KE1F Lou <lmecseri@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

[...]

Both programs had to have the same UDP & Port numbers and open port.

Make sense now.

73, Lou KE1F

On 3/23/2021 6:06 PM, Andy M0NKR via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Gary Hinson

Section 15.4 of the Logger32 v4 User Manual explains the setup, with pictures.

https://www.logger32.net/files/Logger32_v4_User_Manual.pdf

73
Gary ZL2iFB

[...]

Thanks Gary, My wife tells me that I read the instruction manual after every other effort by me fails. This is no different, I am a stubborn old Hungarian. :)

73, Lou KE1F

On 3/24/2021 12:00 AM, Gary Hinson wrote:
[...]

Shall I put "LAST RESORT" on the front cover, I wonder?  😊

Thanks Gary, My wife tells me that I read the instruction manual after every other effort by me fails. This is no different, I am a stubborn old Hungarian. :)

73, Lou KE1F

On 3/24/2021 12:00 AM, Gary Hinson wrote:

> Section 15.4 of the Logger32 v4 User Manual explains the setup, with pictures.

> https://www.logger32.net/files/Logger32_v4_User_Manual.pdf

> 73

> Gary  ZL2iFB

KE1F Lou

Gary, you have a great sense of humor.  73.

On 3/24/2021 7:07 PM, Gary Hinson wrote:

Shall I put "LAST RESORT" on the front cover, I wonder?  😊

Thanks Gary, My wife tells me that I read the instruction manual after every other effort by me fails. This is no different, I am a stubborn old Hungarian. :)

73, Lou KE1F

On 3/24/2021 12:00 AM, Gary Hinson wrote:

> Section 15.4 of the Logger32 v4 User Manual explains the setup, with pictures.

> https://www.logger32.net/files/Logger32_v4_User_Manual.pdf

> 73

> Gary  ZL2iFB

Gary Hinson

Gary, you have a great sense of humor.  73.

On 3/24/2021 7:07 PM, Gary Hinson wrote:

Shall I put "LAST RESORT" on the front cover, I wonder?  😊

Thanks Gary, My wife tells me that I read the instruction manual after every other effort by me fails. This is no different, I am a stubborn old Hungarian. :)

73, Lou KE1F

On 3/24/2021 12:00 AM, Gary Hinson wrote:

> Section 15.4 of the Logger32 v4 User Manual explains the setup, with pictures.

> https://www.logger32.net/files/Logger32_v4_User_Manual.pdf

> 73

> Gary  ZL2iFB

Gerald Boutin

But, shouldn't it say "First resort" ?

--
Gerald, VE1DT

Gary Hinson

No Gerald.

Ideally it should say “Not required” … because the system itself is so intuitive and we users are so competent that the 750 page manual is totally unnecessary.

I’ll add this to the back page:

Thanks for the inspiration.