Topics

CW machine $name$ macro

Vince Shirley

Hi all,

It appears the $name$ macro is broken in the CW machine - seems to work OK in MMTTY FSK but not in CW...

Anyone confirm this please?

Vince

Bob

Works as advertised for me. If there is no name and the CW Machine is sending $name$, then you probably don't have a space after $name$ in your macro. SeventyThree(s).

On August 25, 2019 at 8:04 AM Vince Shirley <vince.g0orc@...> wrote:

Hi all,

It appears the $name$ macro is broken in the CW machine - seems to work OK in MMTTY FSK but not in CW...

Anyone confirm this please?

Vince

ja1nlx

It works here in Winkey mode. Are you using software mode ?

73

On 2019/08/25 21:04, Vince Shirley wrote:
Hi all,

It appears the $name$ macro is broken in the CW machine - seems to work OK in MMTTY FSK but not in CW...

Anyone confirm this please?

Vince

Vince Shirley

Well a mystery then,

Space before and after but doesn't work for me.

Here's a cut and paste of the macro concerned.

$call$ de g0orc ok $name$ tks fb info hr rig yaesu ft101d wid 1ttw to windom up 12mtrs  - wx nw rain es 10c sohw? $call$ de $mycall$ <

Vince G0ORC

On Sun, 25 Aug 2019 at 13:32, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

Works as advertised for me. If there is no name and the CW Machine is sending $name$, then you probably don't have a space after $name$ in your macro. SeventyThree(s).

On August 25, 2019 at 8:04 AM Vince Shirley <vince.g0orc@...> wrote:

Hi all,

It appears the $name$ macro is broken in the CW machine - seems to work OK in MMTTY FSK but not in CW...

Anyone confirm this please?

Vince

Bob

... maybe your free trial has expired. SeventyThree(s).

On August 25, 2019 at 8:37 AM Vince Shirley <vince.g0orc@...> wrote:

Well a mystery then,

Space before and after but doesn't work for me.

Here's a cut and paste of the macro concerned.

$call$ de g0orc ok $name$ tks fb info hr rig yaesu ft101d wid 1ttw to windom up 12mtrs  - wx nw rain es 10c sohw? $call$ de $mycall$ <

Vince G0ORC

On Sun, 25 Aug 2019 at 13:32, Bob < k4cy@...> wrote:

Works as advertised for me. If there is no name and the CW Machine is sending $name$, then you probably don't have a space after $name$ in your macro. SeventyThree(s).

On August 25, 2019 at 8:04 AM Vince Shirley < vince.g0orc@...> wrote:

Hi all,

It appears the $name$ macro is broken in the CW machine - seems to work OK in MMTTY FSK but not in CW...

Anyone confirm this please?

Vince

Fred Bourne

Working okay on my system never had any problems.

73 Fred G3YJQ

On 25 Aug 2019, at 13:04, Vince Shirley <vince.g0orc@...> wrote:

Hi all,

It appears the $name$ macro is broken in the CW machine - seems to work OK in MMTTY FSK but not in CW...

Anyone confirm this please?

Vince

Vince Shirley

Always a pleasure to speak to you, Bob

Never mind we Brits have far worse things to worry about.  Imagine the UK not being part of Europe, what would the ADIF meisters have to say about that!

For the avoidance  of doubt, yes the Logbook window is populated with a name, but its not sent by the macro.

Vince G0ORC

On Sun, 25 Aug 2019 at 13:52, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

Vilhjalmur Sigurjonsson

Vince,

I did paste your macro into my CW machine (in L32), no problem.

Now try the usual … rename Logger32.ini and cw.ini, to have a fresh start etc. Is it still broken then?

73 Villi
TF3VS

Space before and after but doesn't work for me.

Here's a cut and paste of the macro concerned.

$call$ de g0orc ok $name$ tks fb info hr rig yaesu ft101d wid 1ttw to windom up 12mtrs  - wx nw rain es 10c sohw? $call$ de $mycall$ <

Vince G0ORC

On Sun, 25 Aug 2019 at 13:32, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

Works as advertised for me. If there is no name and the CW Machine is sending $name$, then you probably don't have a space after $name$ in your macro. SeventyThree(s).

On August 25, 2019 at 8:04 AM Vince Shirley <vince.g0orc@...> wrote:

Hi all,

It appears the $name$ macro is broken in the CW machine - seems to work OK in MMTTY FSK but not in CW...

Anyone confirm this please?

Vince

Gerald Boutin

On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 09:37 AM, Vince Shirley wrote:

Here's a cut and paste of the macro concerned.

$call$ de g0orc ok $name$ tks fb info hr rig yaesu ft101d wid 1ttw to windom up 12mtrs  - wx nw rain es 10c sohw? $call$ de $mycall$ <

 Vince,

Try the $name$ macro in a shorter string of text. Maybe there is a buffer overflow.

--
Gerald, VE1DT

Vince Shirley

Thanks everyone,

A new win.ini doesn't help.

If the macro consists only of $name$, the radio keys and immediately unkeys, nothing is sent.

I'm now looking through Logger32.ini to see if I can find any problems.

Vince

On Sun, 25 Aug 2019 at 14:03, Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...> wrote:
On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 09:37 AM, Vince Shirley wrote:

Here's a cut and paste of the macro concerned.

$call$ de g0orc ok $name$ tks fb info hr rig yaesu ft101d wid 1ttw to windom up 12mtrs  - wx nw rain es 10c sohw? $call$ de $mycall$ <

 Vince,

Try the $name$ macro in a shorter string of text. Maybe there is a buffer overflow.

--
Gerald, VE1DT

Bob

This is your macro on my PC. 73.

[...]

Vince, that's correct if there is no name Is the name appearing at the top right of the CW Machine? 73.

On August 25, 2019 at 9:10 AM Vince Shirley <vince.g0orc@...> wrote:

Thanks everyone,

A new win.ini doesn't help.

If the macro consists only of $name$, the radio keys and immediately unkeys, nothing is sent.

I'm now looking through Logger32.ini to see if I can find any problems.

Vince

On Sun, 25 Aug 2019 at 14:03, Gerald Boutin < groupsio@...> wrote:
On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 09:37 AM, Vince Shirley wrote:

Here's a cut and paste of the macro concerned.

$call$ de g0orc ok $name$ tks fb info hr rig yaesu ft101d wid 1ttw to windom up 12mtrs  - wx nw rain es 10c sohw? $call$ de $mycall$ <

 Vince,

Try the $name$ macro in a shorter string of text. Maybe there is a buffer overflow.

--
Gerald, VE1DT

Vince Shirley

Thanks Bob,

A virgin Logger32.ini file cures the problem.

I don't really want to spend the rest of the afternoon going line by line through it, nor do I fancy re-customising things.

Any idea where I might start looking in the Logger32.ini file?

Vince

On Sun, 25 Aug 2019 at 14:15, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

This is your macro on my PC. 73.

[...]

Right click on any user field on the Logbook Entry Window. Click on SETUP. Go to SETUP USER FIELDS.  Click on the top menu (user field 1). You will see this window (picture below).  Note the bottom three user options. Hopefully you have the middle one checked. SeventyThree(s).

On August 25, 2019 at 9:20 AM Vince Shirley <vince.g0orc@...> wrote:

[...]

Mystery solved.  It works

Amazing I've only been using this program since time was invented and I still find things I didn't know about.

Thanks for your help Bob and everyone...

Vince