Topics

CW Machine and IC 7000

Richard M. Gillingham

I've recently unearthed my IC-7000 and want to use it with Logger32 on CW.   Naturally, I'm having difficulty getting CW Machine to key the 7000.  Logger 32 talks to the 7000 through the CI/V just fine, but several hours with the menus in Logger and the maze of menus in the '7000 have gotten me nowhere.

Any advise will be appreciated.

73
Gil,  W1RG

Duncan Fisken

Hi Richard;

I had the same problem with my FTdx101 and spent hours olaying with settings..

I read and re-read the L32 manual several times until finally spotting the part which says you need an interface; CW Machine will not key the rig direct from the PC. I redeployed my RigBlaster Advantage - problem solved..

73,
Duncan, G3WZD

On Jun 13, 2020, at 14:52, Richard M. Gillingham <rmoodyg@...> wrote:

I've recently unearthed my IC-7000 and want to use it with Logger32 on CW.   Naturally, I'm having difficulty getting CW Machine to key the 7000.  Logger 32 talks to the 7000 through the CI/V just fine, but several hours with the menus in Logger and the maze of menus in the '7000 have gotten me nowhere.

Any advise will be appreciated.

73
Gil,  W1RG

Richard M. Gillingham

I suspected as much. I guess I'll need to order something...

Logger32 works fb on my K3, but of course it's alot newer, and a different design.

Thanks