Topics

CW machine

Vilhjalmur Sigurjonsson

Andy,

I have been using Kenwoods, Icoms and Flexradios with one USB cable, no problem.

The key to that has beent o use a software defined keyer in Logger32 (not Winkey) and check ‚Share radio port‘.

However I see in the FTDX101D manual (I have never seen that radio) that it sets up two ports for the single cable, one virtual and the other conventional. One is for controlling the rig, the other is for CW etc. In that case you would not use shared  port but one for the CAT and the other for the keyer. Did you try that?

73 Villi
TF3VS

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Andy VA3PL
Sent: miðvikudagur, 27. nóvember 2019 16:22
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: ODP: [hamlogger] CW machine

It is American made. Sam as you have, Made by K1EL.

I do not need to school you. Your CW machine work fine with WinKeyer USB.

On mine it is connected to the PC and PTT/Keyng is done through dedicated cable.

I set it this way to get CW working because your CW machine is not capable of providing keying through USB cable on FTDX101D.

SevewntyThree.

User of Logger since Zakanaka

Andy SP9KR

Od: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> w imieniu użytkownika Bob <k4cy@...>
Wysłane: środa, 27 listopada 2019 17:11
Do: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io>
Temat: Re: [hamlogger] CW machine

Winkeyer USB? I have one of those, it must be different from the Polish model. On mine the USB port connects to the PC and PTT/Keying is by dedicated cable to the radio. School me please. SeventyThree(s).

On November 27, 2019 at 8:05 AM "Andy None via Groups.Io" <va3pl@...> wrote:

Hi Villi

I become happy owner od FTDX101D.

Been trying to configure CW machine (Logger32) for last 4 days and NADA. Not able to do it so I install my WinJeyer USB instead.

73 Andy SP9KR

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 12:03:59 p.m. GMT+1, Vilhjalmur Sigurjonsson <vilhj@...> wrote:

Andy,

Which radio are you thinking about. I do this all the time with the existing CW engine.

73 Villi
TF3VS

Sent: miðvikudagur, 27. nóvember 2019 09:30
Subject: [hamlogger] CW machine

Hi there Bob K4CY

Do you have plan in near (very near..hi hi) future to update CW machine so it will do CW trough USB in such radios that provide such capability?

73 de Andy

Andy None

Hi Willi
Yes, there are two USB ports. One is enhanced for CAT and second USB is for other thinks, I have tried many combinations using one or the other and still no CW trough USB cable.
I been trying to avoid hurting somebody saying that other well known contest software provide capability of configuring CW trough USB cable and it works.
I was told by someone that "driver for Logger32 CW machine need to be updated".

Andy SP9KR

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 8:43:25 p.m. GMT+1, Vilhjalmur Sigurjonsson <vilhj@...> wrote:

Andy,

I have been using Kenwoods, Icoms and Flexradios with one USB cable, no problem.

The key to that has beent o use a software defined keyer in Logger32 (not Winkey) and check ‚Share radio port‘.

However I see in the FTDX101D manual (I have never seen that radio) that it sets up two ports for the single cable, one virtual and the other conventional. One is for controlling the rig, the other is for CW etc. In that case you would not use shared  port but one for the CAT and the other for the keyer. Did you try that?

73 Villi
TF3VS

Sent: miðvikudagur, 27. nóvember 2019 16:22
Subject: ODP: [hamlogger] CW machine

It is American made. Sam as you have, Made by K1EL.

I do not need to school you. Your CW machine work fine with WinKeyer USB.

On mine it is connected to the PC and PTT/Keyng is done through dedicated cable.

I set it this way to get CW working because your CW machine is not capable of providing keying through USB cable on FTDX101D.

SevewntyThree.

User of Logger since Zakanaka

Andy SP9KR

Od: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> w imieniu użytkownika Bob <k4cy@...>
Wysłane: środa, 27 listopada 2019 17:11
Do: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io>
Temat: Re: [hamlogger] CW machine

Winkeyer USB? I have one of those, it must be different from the Polish model. On mine the USB port connects to the PC and PTT/Keying is by dedicated cable to the radio. School me please. SeventyThree(s).

On November 27, 2019 at 8:05 AM "Andy None via Groups.Io" <va3pl@...> wrote:

Hi Villi

I become happy owner od FTDX101D.

Been trying to configure CW machine (Logger32) for last 4 days and NADA. Not able to do it so I install my WinJeyer USB instead.

73 Andy SP9KR

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 12:03:59 p.m. GMT+1, Vilhjalmur Sigurjonsson <vilhj@...> wrote:

Andy,

Which radio are you thinking about. I do this all the time with the existing CW engine.

73 Villi
TF3VS

Sent: miðvikudagur, 27. nóvember 2019 09:30
Subject: [hamlogger] CW machine

Hi there Bob K4CY

Do you have plan in near (very near..hi hi) future to update CW machine so it will do CW trough USB in such radios that provide such capability?

73 de Andy