Topics

CW machine

Andy VA3PL

Hi there Bob K4CY
Do you have plan in near (very near..hi hi) future to update CW machine so it will do CW trough USB in such radios that provide such capability?

73 de Andy

Bob

There are no plans for changes to the CW Machine. SeventyThree(s).

On November 27, 2019 at 4:29 AM Andy VA3PL <va3pl@...> wrote:

Hi there Bob K4CY
Do you have plan in near (very near..hi hi) future to update CW machine so it will do CW trough USB in such radios that provide such capability?

73 de Andy

Vilhjalmur Sigurjonsson

Andy,

Which radio are you thinking about. I do this all the time with the existing CW engine.

73 Villi
TF3VS

Do you have plan in near (very near..hi hi) future to update CW machine so it will do CW trough USB in such radios that provide such capability?

73 de Andy

Michael Harris

I have a K3 (upgraded) and run CW (CW machine), audio for data modes and CAT/Rig Control all through one USB cable.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO

On 27/11/2019 06:29, Andy VA3PL wrote:
Hi there Bob K4CY
Do you have plan in near (very near..hi hi) future to update CW machine so it will do CW trough USB in such radios that provide such capability?
73 de Andy

Andy None

Hi Villi
I become happy owner od FTDX101D.
Been trying to configure CW machine (Logger32) for last 4 days and NADA. Not able to do it so I install my WinJeyer USB instead.

73 Andy SP9KR

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 12:03:59 p.m. GMT+1, Vilhjalmur Sigurjonsson <vilhj@...> wrote:

Andy,

Which radio are you thinking about. I do this all the time with the existing CW engine.

73 Villi
TF3VS

Do you have plan in near (very near..hi hi) future to update CW machine so it will do CW trough USB in such radios that provide such capability?

73 de Andy

Bob

Winkeyer USB? I have one of those, it must be different from the Polish model. On mine the USB port connects to the PC and PTT/Keying is by dedicated cable to the radio. School me please. SeventyThree(s).

On November 27, 2019 at 8:05 AM "Andy None via Groups.Io" <va3pl@...> wrote:

Hi Villi
I become happy owner od FTDX101D.
Been trying to configure CW machine (Logger32) for last 4 days and NADA. Not able to do it so I install my WinJeyer USB instead.

73 Andy SP9KR

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 12:03:59 p.m. GMT+1, Vilhjalmur Sigurjonsson <vilhj@...> wrote:

Andy,

Which radio are you thinking about. I do this all the time with the existing CW engine.

73 Villi
TF3VS

Do you have plan in near (very near..hi hi) future to update CW machine so it will do CW trough USB in such radios that provide such capability?

73 de Andy

Mike

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 10:29 AM, Andy VA3PL wrote:
Do you have plan in near (very near..hi hi) future to update CW machine so it will do CW trough USB in such radios that provide such capability?
It works that way.
Mike

Mike

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 02:05 PM, Andy None wrote:
I become happy owner od FTDX101D.
Been trying to configure CW machine (Logger32) for last 4 days and NADA.
Blame Yaesu :) No problem with CW machine and IC-7610 here.
Or.. maybe issue is on the other side of keyboard?
Mike

Andy None

If you know how share you settings here so others can benefit.
Andy SP9KR

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 7:26:25 p.m. GMT+1, Mike <ch25@...> wrote:

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 10:29 AM, Andy VA3PL wrote:
Do you have plan in near (very near..hi hi) future to update CW machine so it will do CW trough USB in such radios that provide such capability?
It works that way.
Mike

ja1nlx

Andy

CW machine use "DTR" pin for keying in software mode. I suppose

you should select "DTR" in FTDX101 menu.

73

On 2019/11/28 17:16, Andy None via Groups.Io wrote:
If you know how share you settings here so others can benefit.
Andy SP9KR

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 7:26:25 p.m. GMT+1, Mike <ch25@...> wrote:

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 10:29 AM, Andy VA3PL wrote:
Do you have plan in near (very near..hi hi) future to update CW machine so it will do CW trough USB in such radios that provide such capability?
It works that way.
Mike

ja1nlx

My setup with ic7610 for USB keying.

in CW machine setup window (software mode)

in ic7610 setup menu

"DTR" is selected for USB Keying (CW)

This works for me. I prefer Winkey mode though...

73

On 2019/11/28 17:28, ja1nlx via Groups.Io wrote:

Andy

CW machine use "DTR" pin for keying in software mode. I suppose

you should select "DTR" in FTDX101 menu.

73

On 2019/11/28 17:16, Andy None via Groups.Io wrote:
If you know how share you settings here so others can benefit.
Andy SP9KR

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 7:26:25 p.m. GMT+1, Mike <ch25@...> wrote:

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 10:29 AM, Andy VA3PL wrote:
Do you have plan in near (very near..hi hi) future to update CW machine so it will do CW trough USB in such radios that provide such capability?
It works that way.
Mike

ja1nlx

I think it is FUNC/CW setting/PC Keying for FTDX-101D.

Did you try this ?

73

On 2019/11/28 17:43, ja1nlx via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

CW machine: use dedicated port and select correct COM port.
Radio: PC keying DTR (or RTS try)
Works for me.
Mike

Vince Shirley

Mike,

Thank you - I'm quite prepared to eat a large portion of humble pie and admit that I was wrong, but I just can't get it this to work.  The only mention of this is the manual, as far as I can see in in the menu section when it says:-

PC Keying

Function : Sets the RTTY/DATA jack for PC keying.

.......and then lists the various options.

I'm struggling to understand what they mean with this but I'm guessing that it just keys the rig via the RTTY port.

I can get it to work on RTTY as I've said many times on here, but CW just does not work and there is nothing in the manual to suggest that it should.

When I try your method I get a CW port error : could not set comm state - one or more invalid parameters.

I'm still trying but I'm not hopeful.

Vince G0ORC

On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 03:59 PM, Vince Shirley wrote:
Thank you - I'm quite prepared to eat a large portion of humble pie and admit that I was wrong, but I just can't get it this to work.
As written in the manual.
Mike

Vince Shirley

Yes Mike, quite so.

But it doesn't work!

Did you not read the rest of the message?

Vince

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 at 15:29, Mike <ch25@...> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 03:59 PM, Vince Shirley wrote:
Thank you - I'm quite prepared to eat a large portion of humble pie and admit that I was wrong, but I just can't get it this to work.
As written in the manual.
Mike

Vince Shirley

I give up with this - there is nothing in the manual save for an entry in the CW MENU section which describes how to key the radio via its own USP port.

The radio keys and unkeys OK - but no CW is sent

My last word on the subject.

Vince G0ORC

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 at 16:04, Vince Shirley via Groups.Io <vince.g0orc=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes Mike, quite so.

But it doesn't work!

Did you not read the rest of the message?

Vince

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 at 15:29, Mike <ch25@...> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 03:59 PM, Vince Shirley wrote:
Thank you - I'm quite prepared to eat a large portion of humble pie and admit that I was wrong, but I just can't get it this to work.
As written in the manual.
Mike

Mike

Are you using standard or enhanced com port?
Maybe some other software is trying to access that port in the same time?
Mike

Andy None

Vince
Same here. radio keys and unkeys but no CW is send.
I give up also and went by using WinKeyer USB.
Been trying to use enhanced or regular USB port (they have different COM number) without success.

Andy SP9KR

On Thursday, November 28, 2019, 5:25:01 p.m. GMT+1, Vince Shirley <vince.g0orc@...> wrote:

[...]

I recommend you to ask Yaesu Support.

Only way to suggest you is settings in other radio (it works of course)
Unfortunately we have no FTDX-101 and can not check.

73