Topics

CW Machine

Albert Crespo

Have the latest version of Logger 32 installed on two Windows 10 computers.

When I open the program as an adminstrator , the CW machine appears but I cannot move it. If the CW machine is on top of another window, then I can move that window and just leave the CW machine alone. It functions . However, when I minimize it, it disappears and I cannot locate it. I use the find windows and it is not evident.

I have closed the  program and restarted it, but  the same problem happens again.

Is this a bug now with the CW machine that the window cannot be minimized?

.

_,_

ja1nlx

Set CW.exe to run as administrator if not.

73

On 2019/07/25 16:07, Albert Crespo wrote:

Have the latest version of Logger 32 installed on two Windows 10 computers.

When I open the program as an adminstrator , the CW machine appears but I cannot move it. If the CW machine is on top of another window, then I can move that window and just leave the CW machine alone. It functions . However, when I minimize it, it disappears and I cannot locate it. I use the find windows and it is not evident.

I have closed the  program and restarted it, but  the same problem happens again.

Is this a bug now with the CW machine that the window cannot be minimized?

.

_,_

Albert Crespo

 Aki,

After minimizing the CW machine, I went into the Logger 32 and opened the CW machine as an administrator and it came back. It however, will not move and cannot minimize without it disappearing again.

This suggestion is a big help as I do not need to reboot the program to get the machine back.

For years I have used the CW machine and did not have this problem.

If I open a browser  the CW machine appears. This is why I want to minimize the machine.

I will sent a picture.Albert

> Message du 25/07/19 10:22
> De : "ja1nlx" <ayoshida0205@...>
> A : hamlogger@groups.io
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: [hamlogger] CW Machine
>

> Set CW.exe to run as administrator if not.

> 73

On 2019/07/25 16:07, Albert Crespo wrote:

> Have the latest version of Logger 32 installed on two Windows 10 computers.

> When I open the program as an adminstrator , the CW machine appears but I cannot move it. If the CW machine is on top of another window, then I can move that window and just leave the CW machine alone. It functions . However, when I minimize it, it disappears and I cannot locate it. I use the find windows and it is not evident.

> I have closed the  program and restarted it, but  the same problem happens again.

> Is this a bug now with the CW machine that the window cannot be minimized?

> .

_,_
--
> 73 de aki
> JA1NLX

ja1nlx

Albert

I see like this when clicking minimized button in CW machine.

Do you really see nothing ?

and try to run CW machine after deleting CW.ini.

73

On 2019/07/25 18:09, Albert Crespo wrote:

 Aki,

After minimizing the CW machine, I went into the Logger 32 and opened the CW machine as an administrator and it came back. It however, will not move and cannot minimize without it disappearing again.

This suggestion is a big help as I do not need to reboot the program to get the machine back.

For years I have used the CW machine and did not have this problem.

If I open a browser  the CW machine appears. This is why I want to minimize the machine.

I will sent a picture.Albert

> Message du 25/07/19 10:22
> De : "ja1nlx" <ayoshida0205@...>
> A : hamlogger@groups.io
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: [hamlogger] CW Machine
>

> Set CW.exe to run as administrator if not.

> 73

On 2019/07/25 16:07, Albert Crespo wrote:

> Have the latest version of Logger 32 installed on two Windows 10 computers.

> When I open the program as an adminstrator , the CW machine appears but I cannot move it. If the CW machine is on top of another window, then I can move that window and just leave the CW machine alone. It functions . However, when I minimize it, it disappears and I cannot locate it. I use the find windows and it is not evident.

> I have closed the  program and restarted it, but  the same problem happens again.

> Is this a bug now with the CW machine that the window cannot be minimized?

> .

_,_
--
> 73 de aki
> JA1NLX

Albert, you say you have Logger32 installed on two PCs running Win 10, but you didn't say if you see the same problem on both PCs. You say you can't minimize the CW Machine, can you close the CW Machine (by clicking on the X at the top right of the Window)?

The CW Machine is not a window of Logger32 it is a stand alone program. So 'find' in Logger32 will not be able to see the CW machine. The CW machine has not been modified since September 2017

You can run the CW Machine without Logger32 running. There is a file CW.EXE in the Logger32 directory, just run that. You will get a warning that Loger32 is not running, but the program will start and you can play and see if you can move/minimize the form. 73.

On July 25, 2019 at 3:07 AM Albert Crespo <f5vhj@...> wrote:

Have the latest version of Logger 32 installed on two Windows 10 computers.

When I open the program as an adminstrator , the CW machine appears but I cannot move it. If the CW machine is on top of another window, then I can move that window and just leave the CW machine alone. It functions . However, when I minimize it, it disappears and I cannot locate it. I use the find windows and it is not evident.

I have closed the  program and restarted it, but  the same problem happens again.

Is this a bug now with the CW machine that the window cannot be minimized?

.

_,_

Albert Crespo

Aki,

See attched- I see nothing.

Notice also on the tool bar, I cannot activate the CW machine from there.

Are you suggesting I delete my CW.ini file and then run the machine?

Albert

> Message du 25/07/19 12:19
> De : "ja1nlx" <ayoshida0205@...>
> A : hamlogger@groups.io
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: [hamlogger] CW Machine
>

> Albert

> I see like this when clicking minimized button in CW machine.

> Do you really see nothing ?

> and try to run CW machine after deleting CW.ini.
>

> 73

On 2019/07/25 18:09, Albert Crespo wrote:

>  Aki,

> After minimizing the CW machine, I went into the Logger 32 and opened the CW machine as an administrator and it came back. It however, will not move and cannot minimize without it disappearing again.

> This suggestion is a big help as I do not need to reboot the program to get the machine back.

> For years I have used the CW machine and did not have this problem.

> If I open a browser  the CW machine appears. This is why I want to minimize the machine.

> I will sent a picture.Albert

> Message du 25/07/19 10:22
> > De : "ja1nlx" <ayoshida0205@...>
> > A : hamlogger@groups.io
> > Copie à :
> > Objet : Re: [hamlogger] CW Machine
> >

> > Set CW.exe to run as administrator if not.

> > 73

On 2019/07/25 16:07, Albert Crespo wrote:

> > Have the latest version of Logger 32 installed on two Windows 10 computers.

> > When I open the program as an adminstrator , the CW machine appears but I cannot move it. If the CW machine is on top of another window, then I can move that window and just leave the CW machine alone. It functions . However, when I minimize it, it disappears and I cannot locate it. I use the find windows and it is not evident.

> > I have closed the  program and restarted it, but  the same problem happens again.

> > Is this a bug now with the CW machine that the window cannot be minimized?

> > .

_,_
--
--
> 73 de aki
> JA1NLX

ja1nlx

Yes try that.

73

On 2019/07/25 20:18, Albert Crespo wrote:

Aki,

See attched- I see nothing.

Notice also on the tool bar, I cannot activate the CW machine from there.

Are you suggesting I delete my CW.ini file and then run the machine?

Albert

> Message du 25/07/19 12:19
> De : "ja1nlx" <ayoshida0205@...>
> A : hamlogger@groups.io
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: [hamlogger] CW Machine
>

> Albert

> I see like this when clicking minimized button in CW machine.

> Do you really see nothing ?

> and try to run CW machine after deleting CW.ini.
>

> 73

On 2019/07/25 18:09, Albert Crespo wrote:

>  Aki,

> After minimizing the CW machine, I went into the Logger 32 and opened the CW machine as an administrator and it came back. It however, will not move and cannot minimize without it disappearing again.

> This suggestion is a big help as I do not need to reboot the program to get the machine back.

> For years I have used the CW machine and did not have this problem.

> If I open a browser  the CW machine appears. This is why I want to minimize the machine.

> I will sent a picture.Albert

> Message du 25/07/19 10:22
> > De : "ja1nlx" <ayoshida0205@...>
> > A : hamlogger@groups.io
> > Copie à :
> > Objet : Re: [hamlogger] CW Machine
> >

> > Set CW.exe to run as administrator if not.

> > 73

On 2019/07/25 16:07, Albert Crespo wrote:

> > Have the latest version of Logger 32 installed on two Windows 10 computers.

> > When I open the program as an adminstrator , the CW machine appears but I cannot move it. If the CW machine is on top of another window, then I can move that window and just leave the CW machine alone. It functions . However, when I minimize it, it disappears and I cannot locate it. I use the find windows and it is not evident.

> > I have closed the  program and restarted it, but  the same problem happens again.

> > Is this a bug now with the CW machine that the window cannot be minimized?

> > .

_,_
--
--
> 73 de aki
> JA1NLX

Albert Crespo

Aki,

I deleted the CW.ini

Opened the program and the reconfigured the CW machine. Same issue. Minimize, and then it disappears.

It created a new CW.ini file.

I then went into the program and ran the CW machine as an adminsirator. It appeared, but would no longer key as before the TX so this is not a solution.

Seems it needs not to be minimized and just left alone and not use the computer for anything othen  then this program. That is not a problem for me as I have two computers with one just for radio. If I only had one computer, this would be a greater nonsense.

As in my first posting, this problem is with both computers so it is not a one off issue with just one computer.

Thanks for your assitance!

73, Albert

_,_
--
--
--
> 73 de aki
> JA1NLX

ja1nlx

Albert

Sorry but I have no more suggestion. It works as expected here.

73

_,_
--
--
--
> 73 de aki
> JA1NLX

Gerald Boutin

Albert,

Does the same problem occur even if you do not start the Logger32 program, but just run the cw.exe program by itself?

If you are using the cw.exe program on a secondary display monitor, when minimized, it will minimize to the primary monitor display.

--
Gerald, VE1DT

Albert Crespo <vp2vfe@...>

Gerals,
I use one computer and one monitor  for Logger 32. I always run the CW machine in tandem with the program.
I just ran the Logger 32  on my laptop. Same issue, minimize, and it disappears.
Now three different computers have the same result.
73, Al

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 02:32 PM, Albert Crespo wrote:

Gerals,
I use one computer and one monitor  for Logger 32. I always run the CW machine in tandem with the program.
I just ran the Logger 32  on my laptop. Same issue, minimize, and it disappears.
Now three different computers have the same result.
73, Al

On Thursday, July 25, 2019, 3:22:00 PM GMT+1, Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...> wrote:

Albert,

Does the same problem occur even if you do not start the Logger32 program, but just run the cw.exe program by itself?

If you are using the cw.exe program on a secondary display monitor, when minimized, it will minimize to the primary monitor display.

--
Gerald, VE1DT
Let's try another guess.

Do you have your display "Scale and Layout" setting set to something other than 100%? I tried setting my display to 150%. When I minimize cw.exe, it goes off the visible screen. Perhaps that is your issue.

--
Gerald, VE1DT

Bob

Gerald, good thinking, but remember it was also reported that the CW Machine form could not be moved.  Peut-être que c'est un truc français? Soixante-treize

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 09:14 PM, Bob wrote:
Gerald, good thinking, but remember it was also reported that the CW Machine form could not be moved.  Peut-être que c'est un truc français? Soixante-treize
Bob,

Actually, I think it's more of a Windows thing.

Your comment has made me think a bit more and I may have found the answer to part two of this issue.

I think Albert may be clicking on the wrong part of the title-bar when trying to move the form. The snip included here is part of one of Albert's screenshots. I've added the red box to show the dead space that does not respond to a mouse click to move the form. I fell into that trap myself while I was trying to recreate his issues.

--
Gerald, VE1DT