Topics

Crash> New PC > Win10 Pro> MXComm32.Ocx error

John

Hello All,

I have a new-to-me Win 10 pro PC after the old one crashed. I do have all the files from my L32 3.50.xxx  era (gracias a Dios!)

I followed the UPGRADE instructions and got the  Component:MSComm32.Ocx ....dependencies.... missing..." error.   I read some of the legacy info here and then copied my L32 directory off my old hard drive to a new director on the new PC , tried to run it and got the same thing.

I am running as an Administrator and these installs are in a subdirectory of the Desktop if that makes any difference.

Please help. I can't wait to get back on the Logger 32 air.

John K5MO

Bob

On 10/30/2020 11:36 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

On 10/30/2020 11:22 AM John <johnk5mo@...> wrote:

Hello All,

I have a new-to-me Win 10 pro PC after the old one crashed. I do have all the files from my L32 3.50.xxx  era (gracias a Dios!)

I followed the UPGRADE instructions and got the  Component:MSComm32.Ocx ....dependencies.... missing..." error.   I read some of the legacy info here and then copied my L32 directory off my old hard drive to a new director on the new PC , tried to run it and got the same thing.

I am running as an Administrator and these installs are in a subdirectory of the Desktop if that makes any difference.

Please help. I can't wait to get back on the Logger 32 air.

John K5MO

John

Hi Bob

OK, that worked ok. Now to move configs and adi files to get stuff back to the way it was before The Great Crash!

73 and thank you

John