crash

David Bonnet

hi all

crash everyday !!!! I'm with W10 and with the last version the FT8/FT4 is no more recognised utomatically !!!!!!!
I use to run WSJT and the TX goes to USB-D and L32 in FT4 and FT_ but doesn' work anymore, have to do it manually.

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com

John Owens

JTDX is what Bob and his tech support folks recommend so that is what I run (always, rare problems). The path to the JTDX executable should be shown in the START- SETUP SHORTCUTS Location on the UDP Bandmap. -  John Owens -  N7TK

On 04/01/2021 10:19 AM David Bonnet <f8crs63@...> wrote:

hi all

crash everyday !!!! I'm with W10 and with the last version the FT8/FT4 is no more recognised utomatically !!!!!!!
I use to run WSJT and the TX goes to USB-D and L32 in FT4 and FT_ but doesn' work anymore, have to do it manually.

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com

Gary Hinson

David,

I understand there are some problems with the HamLib rig-control function, which probably explains our problems with mode settings when using WSJT-X or JTDX.  Changes are being coded and tested.

As to “crash everyday !!!!”, we’ll need just a bit more info than those two words and 4 exclamations to even start diagnosing that issue – like for instance which version of Logger32 crashes for you, and on what version of Windows?   What are you doing at the time it crashes?

There have been a few reports of sporadic crashes, but Logger32 is stable for most users (including me) so we’d like to narrow down the differences between systems.  Something, somewhere, is creating a problem for some users, sometimes.

crash everyday !!!! I'm with W10 and with the last version the FT8/FT4 is no more recognised utomatically !!!!!!!

I use to run WSJT and the TX goes to USB-D and L32 in FT4 and FT_ but doesn' work anymore, have to do it manually.

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com

David Bonnet

Gary,

I use L32 for more than 10 year and since 2-3 weeks I see almost averydays a pop-up window which says "the programme shut down" and have to restart L32.
never had this trouble before.

I use W10.

Le jeu. 1 avr. 2021 à 23:56, Gary Hinson <Gary@...> a écrit :

[...]

Jan

David

What version are you using?

73
Jan
PA4JJ

Op 2-4-2021 om 08:30 schreef David Bonnet:
[...]

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi zero:
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388

Fabio IZ8MBW

Hi David.
I use Logger32 since 2008 and I also never have had crashes with older versions (3.x).
With version 4.x I'm also victim of "random" crash but now with latest version 4.0.249 the situation is better, personally I have had only one crash during the Logger32 closure and not anymore.
Now it's working well.

But I agree with Gary, if you complains issues/crash but do not give info/details probably none can solve a potential bug.

Try to understand what happens or what Logger32 "is doing" when it crash.
FT8 operation? If yes, JTDX or WSJT-X?
UDP open?
Landowning Club Lug exception?

What Logger32 is doing when it crash?