Topics

Country prefix not recognized

Ed Tobias

Hi Bob,

I’ve seen one or two reports of something similar to this over the past few weeks so I thought I’d add my observation.

I’m running v3.50.391 on Win 10. When waking the laptop from sleep mode, and opening L32 as an administrator, the program fails to recognize the country identity of a prefix.

When a prefix is typed into the logger entry window, “unknown prefix” is displayed. When a call appears in the DX spots window, “??” appears in the Pfx column. Strangely, as you can see from the attached screen shot, the first two calls in the DX spots window DO have their country identified.

I think the Club Log exceptions were automatically being downloaded and/or the L32 updates were being automatically searched at the same time as the DX spots window started to receive entries. So, I wonder if there’s a connection, (i.e. if the auto download/search process disrupted whatever process is used to identify prefixes).

If I close and re-start L32 the prefix identification works as it should.

Ed, KR3E

Olivier F4FQH

Hi

I have the same issue since a long time.
Restarting logger solve the problem.
Not searched why.
I let all the time my PC is working, logger open, and when i come back there is ?? in prefix column.

Olivier
F4FQH

Sent: Friday, July 26, 2019 8:07 PM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] Country prefix not recognized

Hi Bob,

I’ve seen one or two reports of something similar to this over the past few weeks so I thought I’d add my observation.

I’m running v3.50.391 on Win 10. When waking the laptop from sleep mode, and opening L32 as an administrator, the program fails to recognize the country identity of a prefix.

When a prefix is typed into the logger entry window, “unknown prefix” is displayed. When a call appears in the DX spots window, “??” appears in the Pfx column. Strangely, as you can see from the attached screen shot, the first two calls in the DX spots window DO have their country identified.

I think the Club Log exceptions were automatically being downloaded and/or the L32 updates were being automatically searched at the same time as the DX spots window started to receive entries. So, I wonder if there’s a connection, (i.e. if the auto download/search process disrupted whatever process is used to identify prefixes).

If I close and re-start L32 the prefix identification works as it should.

Ed, KR3E