Topics

Control sound card data window from the radio control panel

Jay Mason

Good after noon I have been setting up the radio control window and getting my macros to function in a way that i would like, and this is working out great .
What I would like to be able to do is QSY and set the radio mode which i have working but also call the sound card data window and set the "$mmvarimode"
I been through the help file but was unable to locate any information.
Thank you for any assistance
73 De N3OW

Bob

$mmvarimodexx$ is a Sound Card Data Window Macro. In the Help Window, select the SEARCH tab. Type MACROS and <ENTER>. Scroll down to Section 3.0. Take your pick. SeventyThree(s).

On January 24, 2020 at 4:45 PM Jay Mason <jaymason.pa@...> wrote:

Good after noon I have been setting up the radio control window and getting my macros to function in a way that i would like, and this is working out great .
What I would like to be able to do is QSY and set the radio mode which i have working but also call the sound card data window and set the "$mmvarimode"
I been through the help file but was unable to locate any information.
Thank you for any assistance
73 De N3OW

Jay Mason

I have the sound card macros working through the sound card data window but want to launch the saound card data window and aet the mode from the radio control window.
I forgot  the to mention wanting to controll cross windows
Jay N3OW

Bob

That capability is very limited (mostly to protect the user from self inflicted injury). You can, however, do things in reverse order. On the Sound Card Data Window create a macro to select the $mmvarimode xx$ AND command the radio to whatever frequency/mode/settings that are appropriate for that mode. The $command, or $hexcommand, macro is common to almost all windows that accept macros. SeventyThrree(s).

On January 24, 2020 at 5:23 PM Jay Mason <jaymason.pa@...> wrote:

I have the sound card macros working through the sound card data window but want to launch the saound card data window and aet the mode from the radio control window.
I forgot  the to mention wanting to controll cross windows
Jay N3OW

Jay Mason

Thank you
I was doing that as well.