Topics

Cluster Problem

neredneck@...

Greetings

You may have to go into any other program that you use for the tnc or the
radio [that captures the FREQ] and set the comm port settings to Ø or non
used port settings.

I also run log-eqf and try to logger. Windows seems to recognize which
program is on the comm port and will not let another program use it.

If I want to run logger I have to edit the comm port settings in eqf,
then reverse the whole process when I go back.

let me know how

kØsz dayle
extra class before they gave it away.

Wink <wink@...>

Hi,
I've been using Logger 7.03 for several months on a 486DX33 computer and
like it very much . This week I upgraded to a Pentium 166 Mhz computer so
that I can try PSK-31. I downloaded Logger 7.05 and installed it without
any problems. The radio interface works and I've made some PSK contacts but
I can't get the packet cluster to work with my PK-88. I've tried all
different bauds, 7 and 8 bits and all of the parities, echo off and on and
different handshaking. I've made sure that the tnc and computer ports match
along with the Logger configuration for the cluster. The most I get is an
odd symbol or two occasionally, it looks like the baud rate is different but
it's not. When I enter something to send to the cluster the frequency
display in the log section sometimes flashes and I sometimes get a
"transmitter buffer full" panel, then the frequency in the log is frozen.
The strange part of this whole thing is that the tnc connects to the cluster
just fine when using TRlog!

I change the port setting for the computer in the Windows Control panel
and restart the computer each time I change anything. Also I reset the tnc
and restart Logger with any change.

Does anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, Gary N2UM

ko4xb@...

hi folks. i admit to being a real novice user of logger's latest
release. i'm really impressed with how it looks and behaves. it's
very intuitive and i'm seriously thinking about switching from
another program. i, too, have experienced difficulty connecting to
our local cluster, and my regular packet bbs. communication with the
tnc is fine. i can do a display and see all the parameters. when i
connect to the cluster (or my own bbs) i never get a connect
message. i never get anything. i've switched parameters and nothing
seems to help. however, if i type a 'b' to log off the cluster, or
my own bbs, suddently lines of data appear, then the
word 'disconnected'. so where is all the wonderful data hiding?
dunno. i can connect to the cluster without fail using the hyperlog
logging program or hyperterminal. the operating system is win98.

suggestions are welcome!
thanks, warren, ko4xb