Topics

Cluster issue

chrisgd6twf

I am using the latest version of VE7CC and Logger32 v4.0.235. The issue I have is that only a percentage of the spots are feeding into Logger 32 when I compare the Logger 32 cluster window to the spots on Logger 32. There is no time delay between VE7CC and Logger 32. 

I am receiving spots across all bands but only about 1 in 4 of total spots. 

Thanks
Chris GD6TWF

John Owens

You need to set the DX Spot Blocking/Pass Filters to determine which spots migrate to you DX SPOTS Window. The filters will  determine a lot of things about which spots you want to come to the DX SPOTS Window. Right click in the DX SPOTS Window open area, Go down to SETUP, and then over the Blocking/Pass filters setting. You will have to decide what you want to see come  through. 

I recommend doing it locally in L32, rather than doing the settings via the VE7CC Website. Much easier to change if you want to once you have it set up. 

John Owens -  N7TK

On 01/28/2021 9:48 AM chrisgd6twf <gd6twf@...> wrote:

I am using the latest version of VE7CC and Logger32 v4.0.235. The issue I have is that only a percentage of the spots are feeding into Logger 32 when I compare the Logger 32 cluster window to the spots on Logger 32. There is no time delay between VE7CC and Logger 32. 

Thanks
Chris GD6TWF

Bob <k4cy@...>

Chris, if I understand you correctly, when you look at the Cluster/Localhost window there are many spots. But only 25% of those appear to be making it to the DX Spot window.

If I am correct, you have configured an option to block them. Off the top of my head I can think of three places where this is happening.

a) The blocking filters setup window. Right click on the DX SPOT window. Click SETUP | DX SPOT BLOCKING/PASS FILTERS. Countless options there.

b) If your VE7CC connection in on the Localhost socket, there is an option to filter RBN duplicate spots (and the vast majority of them are duplicates). Right click on the Localhost pane of the Cluster window. Click SETUP LOCALHOST & RBN CONNECTIONS. There are two filter options there. If you change either of them, click APPLY FILTERS.

c) On the DX Spot window there is an option where DX Spots that are already visible on the DX Spot window are not simple appended to the bottom of window, but simply overwrite the existing entry. Right click the DX Spot window. Click SETUP | APPEARANCE. Check or UNcheck the option as you like.

Editorial note: You might want to seriously consider to NOT have every single DX Spot received from VE7CC populate the DX Spot. It is a  waste of bandwidth, oxygen, and CPU cycles. 

SeventyThree(s).

On 01/28/2021 12:48 PM chrisgd6twf <gd6twf@...> wrote:

Thanks
Chris GD6TWF

chrisgd6twf

Bob,

Good point about all spots. If I can get them all working I can then just filter in Logger 32 to suit

Chris