Topics

Clear Callsign on QSY

hank k8dd

And it's a really great feature.
With the K3 I find that if I turn on split and transmit it does not clear the call with
[Globals]
Allowable QSY Frequency=0.4
And that's fine, but if I press the REV switch it does clear the call.

Two things I think would like to see:
Tie "Clear Callsign on QSY" to the mode.
[Globals]
Allowable CW QSY Frequency=0.4 or less - more CW stations to the kc.
Allowable SSB QSY Frequency=1.0

Ignore the "Clear Callsign on QSY" when the REV is pressed.

Those would be in the category of "nice to have" but not show stoppers!

73 Hank K8DD

----- Original Message -----
To: <hamlogger@...>
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 8:43 PM
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Split wipes out callsign in Logger 32

The software is pretty much sailor proof. I guess an air boss doesn't qualify. Try turning off the clear on QSY option.

----- Original Message -----
To: hamlogger@...
Sent: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 22:56:52 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: [hamlogger] Split wipes out callsign in Logger 32

I know there is probably a simple answer to this but darn if I can find it.

w1pr@...

I am trying to widen the Clear Callsign on QSY Allowable parameter. I have added Allowable QSY Frequency=3.0 to the [Globals] section of the ini file but it has no effect. If the setup box is checked for call clears on QSY of 1.0, the call clears at 1.0. The menu item does not change from 1.0.  If I uncheck the box, there is no clearing at all. It doesn't seem to matter whether the call is entered manually or on clicking the cluster window. I restarted Logger after each change of the ini file.  What am I doing wrong?
TNX & 73 de Paul W1PR

Bob <k4cy@...>

I added this to the [Globals] section of the Logger32 INI

Looking at the Logbook Entry Window SETUP menu, I see this

SeventyThree(s).

On February 7, 2020 at 6:49 PM w1pr@... wrote:

I am trying to widen the Clear Callsign on QSY Allowable parameter. I have added Allowable QSY Frequency=3.0 to the [Globals] section of the ini file but it has no effect. If the setup box is checked for call clears on QSY of 1.0, the call clears at 1.0. The menu item does not change from 1.0.  If I uncheck the box, there is no clearing at all. It doesn't seem to matter whether the call is entered manually or on clicking the cluster window. I restarted Logger after each change of the ini file.  What am I doing wrong?
TNX & 73 de Paul W1PR

w1pr@...

Bob, I added the additions to the [Globals] section exactly as you suggested. Restarted Logger, rebooted computer. .ini file was saved with changes intact. Log Entry setup still shows Clear Callsign on QSY >1.0 kHz and radio does just that. No joy. I'm at a loss. Any other suggestions? TNX.
73 de Pal W1PR

Bob <k4cy@...>

Do you have more than one Logger32.INI? It is common practice to have several, each with band/mode/contest/whatever. Is it possible that you have more than one Allowable QSY Frequency=x in the [Globals] section of your INI? SeventyThree(s).

PS. No space either side of the =.

On February 11, 2020 at 2:10 PM w1pr@... wrote:

Bob, I added the additions to the [Globals] section exactly as you suggested. Restarted Logger, rebooted computer. .ini file was saved with changes intact. Log Entry setup still shows  Clear Callsign on QSY >1.0 kHz and radio does just that. No joy. I'm at a loss. Any other suggestions? TNX.
73 de Pal W1PR

w1pr@...

Good idea. I have found several ini files. They include
 The plain ini file
  Rollback
  Update files for Vers 3.50.403, ...405...and 406
I have added your lines to all but the v 3.50.403 and ...405. I still see 1 kHz as the Allowed QSY.
I am running ver 3.50.407, and the program is asking me to update. Do you think I should go back to an earlier version or update?
If you wish we could continue this discussion off group.
TNX so much and 73 de Paul W1PR

Bob <k4cy@...>

The Logger32.INI file you are looking for will be  C:\Logger32\Logger32.INI (or C:\Logger32\Logger32 Contest.INI or C:\Logger32\Logger32 Whatever.INI if you are not running your default configuration ... Click HELP to see the current configuration). Other INIs are copies from previous versions you have run. They are kept in the version rollback folders so that you can rollback exactly where/how you were. So, please send me the C:\Logger32\Logger32.INI file by direct email and I will tale a peek. SeventyThree(s).

On February 11, 2020 at 7:28 PM w1pr@... wrote:

The plain ini file
  Rollback
I have added your lines to all but the v 3.50.403 and ...405. I still see 1 kHz as the Allowed QSY.
I am running ver 3.50.407, and the program is asking me to update. Do you think I should go back to an earlier version or update?

Bob <k4cy@...>

Correction, too quick with the copy/paste ... The default INI is C:\Logger32\Logger32.INI any alternate INIs will be C:\Logger32\Contest.INI or C:\Logger32\Whatever.INI. SeventyThree(s).

On February 11, 2020 at 7:50 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

The Logger32.INI file you are looking for will be  C:\Logger32\Logger32.INI (or C:\Logger32\Logger32 Contest.INI or C:\Logger32\Logger32 Whatever.INI if you are not running your default configuration ... Click HELP to see the current configuration). Other INIs are copies from previous versions you have run. They are kept in the version rollback folders so that you can rollback exactly where/how you were. So, please send me the C:\Logger32\Logger32.INI file by direct email and I will tale a peek. SeventyThree(s).
On February 11, 2020 at 7:28 PM w1pr@... wrote:

The plain ini file
  Rollback