Cherry Picking Logger32 Crashing. V4.0.257

DamianM0BKV

Loaded new version 4.0.257 which worked OK

Started using JTDX working fine. Logged some FT8 stations (3) on 80mts OK
Turned on Cherry Picking (checked box)
first station logged OK
next station pushed button to log but Logger32 'not responding'
Station had been logged in to the JTDX logbook but logger32 had all the windows not responding
Closed Logger32 via bottom tray.
Re-booted Logger32.
same problem occured. Also stuck with an unresponsive 2nd version of Logsync BTW
I added the missing logbook entry to Logger32 when I boot up Logger32
Damian M0BKV

DamianM0BKV

I May have misled you.
Started Logger32 and JTDX again with no cherry Picking. Seemed OK
Called CQ. A response from another station. I replied. All OK.
at finish of QSO the window to log call appeared. I clicked to log it.
This it did in BOTH in the JTDX Logbook AND Logger32 but Logger32 not responding again
No Cherry Picking this time.
Closed Logger32 via the window that appeared telling me 'No Response'
Seem to have Log Sync unresponsive stuck in the middle of my Windows10 desktop.again

DamianM0BKV

I've turned off Log Sync and all seems to work OK with or without Cherry Picking??
I'll turn it back on and see what happens.

DamianM0BKV

Turned LogSync back on and as soon as it logged the first call using JTDX Logger32 became unresponsive.
I haven't tried using a call in CW or SSB without JTDX yet.

DamianM0BKV

The problem seems to be Log Sync. Even with no auto Log foe eqsl or LoTW (both unchecked), it becomes unresponsive.
When it did work this morning only eQSL was logging. LoTW was not logging although it was yesterday before the 257 update.

The problem must be LogSync.

Fabio IZ8MBW

Yes, I have also issues with L32 LogSync mainly during Cherry Picking operation (so during a "big" massive QSOs operation).
L32 LogSync often freeze and it became unresponsive, in rare case when L32 LogSync freeze also Logger32 freeze.

When L32 LogSync freeze the only way to recover it to close Logger32, manually force close L32 LogSync (because since it's freezed Logger32 is not able to close it during Logger32 closure) and then restart Logger32 that in my case starts L32 LogSync.

In my case L32 LogSync is used for Website real-time upload, Club Log real-time upload and LoTW real-time upload.

In March I provided to Rick N2AMG some Debug Log of L32 LogSync about that freeze.

@Damian, please Enable the Debug Log of L32 LogSync, do some other tests, and when you have the issue (remember what was ongoing on the PC) copy the DebugLog.txt and Results.txt of L32 LogSync to other location so if/when Rick is available I hope he can do a check.

Thanks.

73s
Fabio, IZ8MBW

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 09:23:38 AM GMT+2, DamianM0BKV via groups.io <kammdp@...> wrote:

The problem seems to be Log Sync. Even with no auto Log foe eqsl or LoTW (both unchecked), it becomes unresponsive.
When it did work this morning only eQSL was logging. LoTW was not logging although it was yesterday before the 257 update.

The problem must be LogSync.

gary_w7do

Loaded 4.0.257, Running SO2R: Network Error: MessageClient, exception: Invalid message format, server 127.0.01:2236
Rebooted CPU once, worked a few qso's then UDP error again, second CPU reboot, same network error.
Off the Air.....
73, Gary, W7DO

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 09:23:38 AM GMT+2, DamianM0BKV via groups.io <kammdp=btopenworld.com@groups.io> wrote:

The problem seems to be Log Sync. Even with no auto Log foe eqsl or LoTW (both unchecked), it becomes unresponsive.
When it did work this morning only eQSL was logging. LoTW was not logging although it was yesterday before the 257 update.

The problem must be LogSync.

Rick Ellison

Damian..

Look in the directory where Logsync is installed and see if you find a file called DebugLog.txt if you find it delete the file.

Now open Logsync and turn Debug on. And leave it on until you find it has locked up. After closing Logsync you will find the file DebugLog.txt in the install directory. Send that to me at rellison@... as an attachment. This should so me the last lines that were printed to the debug and give me a general area to look for the lockup taking place..

73 Rick N2AMG

The problem seems to be Log Sync. Even with no auto Log foe eqsl or LoTW (both unchecked), it becomes unresponsive.
When it did work this morning only eQSL was logging. LoTW was not logging although it was yesterday before the 257 update.

The problem must be LogSync.

Fabio IZ8MBW

Hi Rick,
I can confirm that starting from Logger32 v4.0.257, also not using Cherry picking feature, L32 Log Sync freeze and it does not upload QSOs (neither Website, neither Club Log and neither LoTW).
I'm going to send you via direct the Debug log file.
Thanks.

73s
Fabio, IZ8MBW

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 05:15:35 PM GMT+2, Rick Ellison <rellison@...> wrote:

Damian..

Look in the directory where Logsync is installed and see if you find a file called DebugLog.txt if you find it delete the file.

Now open Logsync and turn Debug on. And leave it on until you find it has locked up. After closing Logsync you will find the file DebugLog.txt in the install directory. Send that to me at rellison@... as an attachment. This should so me the last lines that were printed to the debug and give me a general area to look for the lockup taking place..

73 Rick N2AMG

The problem seems to be Log Sync. Even with no auto Log foe eqsl or LoTW (both unchecked), it becomes unresponsive.
When it did work this morning only eQSL was logging. LoTW was not logging although it was yesterday before the 257 update.

The problem must be LogSync.

DamianM0BKV

All back and working well with V4.0.258. Thanks to Bob and Rick for a fast and excellent job.
Damian M0BKV