Topics

cherry picking jtdx

Matthias Bellmann

Hi,
something strange happens since abt 4 days.
During last weeks i did some cherry picking and it worked well.
Now since abt 4 days no picked station is contacted. Some of them because already qsoed the active band, but 50 percent are not in the log or i had qso in another mode. They all are ending with "cherry-picking (callsingn) *4.
I am not aware of changes made by myself.
Any idea, what happened?
73 Matthias dk4wd

Luis EA5L

El sábado 6 de junio de 2020 a las 12:12 a.m., Matthias Bellmann escribió:
"recogida de cerezas (callsingn) * 4
The same thing happens to me in version 3.50.417, with the blocking filters of my continent in udp band map cherry-picking event viewer is processing these calls and does not call, it says "cherry-picking (callsign) * 4.
With version 3.50.416 this does not happen and it works fine
I attach an image of cherry-picking event viewer.

Bob

I hear what you're saying, but I don't know what you're saying. The event viewer shows you called OZ2LC because JO56 is a new gridsquare. Logger32 sent a message to JTDX at exactly 08:13:00 to call OZ2LC. JTDX did not call. If you think ver 3.50.416 does not do this, or the problem is caused by the Continent Blocking filters is the cause of the problem, be my guest, use 3.50.416. There will be an auto-update on Monday, but there are no changes to cherry-picking included. SeventyThree(s).

On June 6, 2020 at 5:17 PM "Luis EA5L via groups.io" <ea5l@...> wrote:

El sábado 6 de junio de 2020 a las 12:12 a.m., Matthias Bellmann escribió:
"recogida de cerezas (callsingn) * 4
The same thing happens to me in version 3.50.417, with the blocking filters of my continent in udp band map cherry-picking event viewer is processing these calls and does not call, it says "cherry-picking (callsign) * 4.
With version 3.50.416 this does not happen and it works fine
I attach an image of cherry-picking event viewer.

Luis EA5L

Thanks Bob,
Fixed I think, I went back to version 3.50.417 and in cherry-picking options setup gridsquare calling options uncheck all the options and so event viewer is working fine and only caters to stations outside of europe in my case.
In version 3.50.416 having this checked it worked fine I don't know why.
EA5L Luis

Bob

Luis, yes I think you now understand how the Continent blocking filter works (exactly like it says ... block all callsigns/gridsquares from my Continent that are not highlighted). There are options in JTDX to block callsigns by Continent. The decision is yours, Never see another European decoded from JTDX, or only see Europeans that you need for a new Band/Mode/Gridsquare ... Not rocket science. SeventyThree(s).