Topics

cherry pick option for dxcc needed on band

ANGEL WP4G

Hello, 

If it's possible to configure cherry pick to just call needed dxcc on the band not needed grids?  Haven't figure out how.

Thanks 73 

Bob

On the UDP BandMap click CONFIG | APPEARANCE | HIGHLIGHT & TEXT COLORS. UNcheck all 7 of the gridsquare options. Click APPLY, SeventyThree(s).

On 08/02/2020 4:22 PM ANGEL WP4G <wp4g@...> wrote:

Hello, 

If it's possible to configure cherry pick to just call needed dxcc on the band not needed grids?  Haven't figure out how.

Thanks 73 

f8aof@...

Hi ,
Same question but for the CQ zones on each band, I did not find any tips ....

73 Jerome F8AOF
De : "Bob"
A : hamlogger@groups.io
Envoyé: dimanche 2 août 2020 22:37
Objet : Re: [hamlogger] cherry pick option for dxcc needed on band

On the UDP BandMap click CONFIG | APPEARANCE | HIGHLIGHT & TEXT COLORS. UNcheck all 7 of the gridsquare options. Click APPLY, SeventyThree(s).

Hello, 

Thanks 73 

Bob

The cherry-picker does not know CQ Zones and does not call a station because of his Zone, SeventyThree(s).

On 08/03/2020 1:35 PM f8aof@... wrote:

Hi ,

73 Jerome F8AOF

Hello, 

Thanks 73 

f8aof@...

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your answer, do you think there is a way to perform this task ?
Jerome F8AOF

Envoyé: lundi 3 août 2020 19:40

The cherry-picker does not know CQ Zones and does not call a station because of his Zone, SeventyThree(s).

Hi ,

73 Jerome F8AOF

Hello, 

Thanks 73 

Tom Wylie

I can't believe there are people out there happy for their computer to make contacts on their behalf then have the cheek to claim an award for effort....

It really devalues things like dxcc

Tom 
GM4FDM 

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020, 18:40 Bob, <k4cy@...> wrote:

Hi ,

73 Jerome F8AOF

Hello, 

Thanks 73 

Bob

It is a cherry-picker, not a vacuum cleaner. SeventyThree(s).

On 08/03/2020 1:48 PM f8aof@... wrote:

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your answer, do you think there is a way to perform this task ?
Jerome F8AOF

Envoyé: lundi 3 août 2020 19:40

Hi ,

73 Jerome F8AOF

Hello, 

Thanks 73 

Bob

Why do you find it hard to believe Tom? To me it is simply another illustration of how the hobby has turned into a limbo-dancing competition to see how far the bar can be lowered. SeventyThree(s). 

On 08/03/2020 1:51 PM Tom Wylie <thomasgwylie@...> wrote:

I can't believe there are people out there happy for their computer to make contacts on their behalf then have the cheek to claim an award for effort....

Tom 
GM4FDM 

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020, 18:40 Bob, < k4cy@...> wrote:

Hi ,

73 Jerome F8AOF

On 08/02/2020 4:22 PM ANGEL WP4G < wp4g@...> wrote:

Hello, 

Thanks 73 

Damian M0BKV

Tom I don’t think making contacts and answering requests for a QSO is somehow easier using a Cherry Picker to select  stations, grid squares or DXCC you need instead of looking up your logbook or some other slow method to check out the many stations sending CQ on a busy band. In fact it shows a bit more intelligence  than the majority of users. And if this tool starts the call process then great because you’ve got a fighting chance of success in the cut throat world of DX. In the past a big amplifier was required for SSB but now many of us can beat the ZOO with vigilents and technology.

Its no way devaluing  DXCC because you use the PC and technology instead of using a linear amplifier as a crutch to break the pile ups.

In the future the low power stations will be reaching DXCC without upsetting their neighbours or moving house.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 03 August 2020 18:51
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] cherry pick option for dxcc needed on band

Tom 

GM4FDM 

Hi ,

73 Jerome F8AOF

Hello, 

Thanks 73 

Tom Wylie

Why bother with all the study for an amateur radio licence just to click a mouse and let the software do the rest. Just buy a 50w type approved transmitter skip the licence....

Tom 
GM4FDM 

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020, 20:50 Damian M0BKV via groups.io, <damianm0bkv=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Tom I don’t think making contacts and answering requests for a QSO is somehow easier using a Cherry Picker to select  stations, grid squares or DXCC you need instead of looking up your logbook or some other slow method to check out the many stations sending CQ on a busy band. In fact it shows a bit more intelligence  than the majority of users. And if this tool starts the call process then great because you’ve got a fighting chance of success in the cut throat world of DX. In the past a big amplifier was required for SSB but now many of us can beat the ZOO with vigilents and technology.

Its no way devaluing  DXCC because you use the PC and technology instead of using a linear amplifier as a crutch to break the pile ups.

In the future the low power stations will be reaching DXCC without upsetting their neighbours or moving house.

Tom 

GM4FDM 

Hi ,

73 Jerome F8AOF

Hello, 

Thanks 73 

Tom Wylie

Ps. You are not actually making contacts, your computer is..... 

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020, 20:50 Damian M0BKV via groups.io, <damianm0bkv=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Tom 

GM4FDM 

Hi ,

73 Jerome F8AOF

Hello, 

Thanks 73 

Dave Colliau

Ha Ha. I better keep my mouth shut but I do agree.
Dave N8DC
Know Code Guy :)

On 08/03/2020 4:18 PM Tom Wylie <thomasgwylie@...> wrote:

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020, 20:50 Damian M0BKV via groups.io, <damianm0bkv= googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Tom 

GM4FDM 

Hi ,

73 Jerome F8AOF

Hello, 

Thanks 73 

Bob

The cherry-picker gives priority to DXCC needed/Band/Mode (if the option is selected). 73.

On 08/03/2020 5:09 PM Dave Colliau <n8dc-8@...> wrote:

Ha Ha. I better keep my mouth shut but I do agree.
Dave N8DC
Know Code Guy :)
On 08/03/2020 4:18 PM Tom Wylie <thomasgwylie@...> wrote:

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020, 20:50 Damian M0BKV via groups.io, <damianm0bkv= googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Tom 

GM4FDM 

Hi ,

73 Jerome F8AOF

Hello, 

Thanks 73 

ja1nlx

Tom

If you do not like this way then just do not use it. There are many users who enjoy HAMing
using Cherry-picker...

On 2020/08/04 5:18, Tom Wylie wrote:

Tom 

GM4FDM 

Hi ,

73 Jerome F8AOF

Hello, 

Thanks 73 

--
73 de aki
JA1NLX

Gary

Aha, Yes Ham radio went away when the internet was born. The young and entitled who can memorize exam questions will never know the smell of fried resistors, the glow of vacuum tubes in a dim radio room, nor will they know the excitement of actually tuning an analog dial with a short wave band spread radio listening intently for that weak DX station in the early morning or late evening hours. One day those tearing down our national history and monuments will one day swear that Vacuum Tubes and analog radios never existed and Marconi was only a myth….

Best 73

wa3nwl@...

wa3nwl@...

w3gld@...

Bob

You mean this never happened? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ2EoM2t6Uw

SeventyThree(s).

On 08/03/2020 8:41 PM Gary <wa3nwl@...> wrote:

Aha, Yes Ham radio went away when the internet was born. The young and entitled who can memorize exam questions will never know the smell of fried resistors, the glow of vacuum tubes in a dim radio room, nor will they know the excitement of actually tuning an analog dial with a short wave band spread radio listening intently for that weak DX station in the early morning or late evening hours. One day those tearing down our national history and monuments will one day swear that Vacuum Tubes and analog radios never existed and Marconi was only a myth….

Best 73

wa3nwl@...

wa3nwl@...

w3gld@...

Michael Harris

Too close to the truth of some and many of the guys of the day had a sense of humour failure and took the hump.

Unfortunately it is not "it is err not raining here also" it is rather damp. Mercifully the XYL's feet are not playing up.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO (G3VUI)

On 03/08/2020 22:01, Bob wrote:
You mean this never happened? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ2EoM2t6Uw
SeventyThree(s).

kenfilmer@outlook.com

That funny Tony Hancock portrayal persisted here for years and was used against you if you admitted to being a radio ham.

Things were different then Mike. I personally think they were better than now but others will disagree.

There were no clusters, you found your own DX and when you did the pile ups were not huge because the whole world didn’t turn up. There was no DQRM but that of course was before most countries dumbed down the licence exams.

And in many years I never heard an SOS!

Ken

G3XPO

A dinosaur, but I do use FT8!

Sent: 04 August 2020 13:09

Too close to the truth of some and many of the guys of the day had a
sense of humour failure and took the hump.

Unfortunately it is not "it is err not raining here also" it is rather
damp. Mercifully the XYL's feet are not playing up.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO (G3VUI)

On 03/08/2020 22:01, Bob wrote:
> You mean this never happened? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ2EoM2t6Uw
>
> SeventyThree(s).

Michael Harris

I was a great fan of Hancock you just had to roll with it. The other very memorable "half hour" was the Blood Donor. I made some quotes from it during a visit by the mobile Blood Waggon to the PO telecom training school at Stone. The nurse thought I was nervous and I got extra attention! Some of the others were worried about a possible lack of blood pressure for the weekend.

The script writers had their fingers well on the pulse.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO

On 04/08/2020 10:29, kenfilmer@... wrote:
That funny Tony Hancock portrayal persisted here for years and was used against you if you admitted to being a radio ham.
Things were different then Mike. I personally think they were better than now but others will disagree.
There were no clusters, you found your own DX and when you did the pile ups were not huge because the whole world didn’t turn up. There was no DQRM but that of course was before most countries dumbed down the licence exams.
And in many years I never heard an SOS!
Ken
G3XPO

kenfilmer@outlook.com

Hancock was funny Mike and yes, the Blood Donor was without doubt also a classic.

Back to the Radio Ham, which must have been the 60s or early 70s, when lots of us used or abused by taking them to pieces ex-military equipment, I didn’t recognise any of Hancock’s radios.

Its all still watchable today! For us older ones anyway!

Ken

G3XPO

Sent: 04 August 2020 14:53

I was a great fan of Hancock you just had to roll with it. The other
very memorable "half hour" was the Blood Donor. I made some quotes from
it during a visit by the mobile Blood Waggon to the PO telecom training
school at Stone. The nurse thought I was nervous and I got extra
attention! Some of the others were worried about a possible lack of
blood pressure for the weekend.

The script writers had their fingers well on the pulse.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO

On 04/08/2020 10:29, kenfilmer@... wrote:
> That funny Tony Hancock portrayal persisted here for years and was used
> against you if you admitted to being a radio ham.
>
> Things were different then Mike. I personally think they were better
> than now but others will disagree.
>
> There were no clusters, you found your own DX and when you did the pile
> ups were not huge because the whole world didn’t turn up. There was no
> DQRM but that of course was before most countries dumbed down the
> licence exams.
>
> And in many years I never heard an SOS!
>
> 73
>
> Ken
>
> G3XPO