Topics

Callsign not transferring from bandmap to log entry window (WSJT-X).

Philip (G4OBK) Catterall

Hi All

Wondering if anyone else has this problem on V4.0.235 using WSJT-X. Upgraded from V3 to V4 no problem here.

When clicking on a callsign on the bandmap using WSJT-X (via UDP) the locator transfers across to the logbook entry but the callsign does not, call field in log entry window remains blank.

I have enable callsign lookup when clicking on WSJT/JTDX.

Thanks to Bob and the team and the manual writing team for a great job.

73 Phil G4OBK

Philip (G4OBK) Catterall

Further to my last message I configured JTDX and the same thing happens - I click on the callsign in the bandmap window, the locator transfers to the Grid entry box in the Log entry window but the callsign does not transfer. The plot thickens...

Goodnight

Phil G4OBK

Bob

As usual, the silence is deafening. Proof positive of the much hyped 'one way skip' theory. Me? I have no idea. I only connect to DX Clusters under emergency situations (blame it on low intestinal fortitude).

But Phil, just for you, I connected to an FT4/FT8 RBN and as expected, it spewed out DX Spots at a rate of 450/minute (v4.0 tells you the vomit rate of DX Spots now). First on I clicked on the callsign (and associated lookup date) appeared in the Logbook Entry Window,

caveat emptor: I use JTDX.

73.

On 01/21/2021 5:07 PM Philip (G4OBK) Catterall <cq@...> wrote:

Hi All

Wondering if anyone else has this problem on V4.0.235 using WSJT-X. Upgraded from V3 to V4 no problem here.

When clicking on a callsign on the bandmap using WSJT-X (via UDP) the locator transfers across to the logbook entry but the callsign does not, call field in log entry window remains blank.

I have enable callsign lookup when clicking on WSJT/JTDX.

Thanks to Bob and the team and the manual writing team for a great job.

73 Phil G4OBK

Philip (G4OBK) Catterall

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 11:49 PM, Bob wrote:
caveat emptor: I use JTDX
The silence is still deafening Bob....  Maybe it is just me with this minor issue?  I also tried running JTDX and found the same - the locator came across to the log entry window but the callsign did not. Its not crucial to the operation of this great program and its integration with other software. I have another Windows 10 PC but it's not interfaced to the transceiver to try comparing results. If I get desperate I could interface it, but at the moment I'm not inclined to want to bugger up my setup which is working very nicely thank you!

73 Phil G4OBK

Bob

Phil, is it possible that the callsign field is actually being populated, but being cleared because of the logbook entry window option to 'clear callsign on QSY' (or something equally simple)? 73.

On 01/22/2021 1:30 PM Philip (G4OBK) Catterall <cq@...> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 11:49 PM, Bob wrote:
caveat emptor: I use JTDX
The silence is still deafening Bob....  Maybe it is just me with this minor issue?  I also tried running JTDX and found the same - the locator came across to the log entry window but the callsign did not. Its not crucial to the operation of this great program and its integration with other software. I have another Windows 10 PC but it's not interfaced to the transceiver to try comparing results. If I get desperate I could interface it, but at the moment I'm not inclined to want to bugger up my setup which is working very nicely thank you!

73 Phil G4OBK

Michael Harris

Just you or not Phil. It certainly works OK here. wsjtx > L32 UDP bandmap > Klick > Log entry pane. Not a lot of use to me I admit because of wsjtx limitations.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO

On 22/01/2021 15:30, Philip (G4OBK) Catterall wrote:
On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 11:49 PM, Bob wrote:
/caveat emptor:/ I use JTDX
The silence is still deafening Bob....  Maybe it is just me with this minor issue?  I also tried running JTDX and found the same - the locator came across to the log entry window but the callsign did not. Its not crucial to the operation of this great program and its integration with other software. I have another Windows 10 PC but it's not interfaced to the transceiver to try comparing results. If I get desperate I could interface it, but at the moment I'm not inclined to want to bugger up my setup which is working very nicely thank you!
73 Phil G4OBK

DamianM0BKV

I have a similar change with V4 in that the populated logbook entry window that occurs automatically when 'Enable TX' is activated on the WSIT-x window disappears equally fast when '73' is received from the contact without waiting for the MANUAL LOg QSO from me. all populated QSO information from QRZ with name is lost unless I manually repopulate the Logger32 logbook window again from the callsign if its still in the UDP Bandplan Window before I manually log. With V3 this didn't happen. If I auto Log on 73 it probably is OK. Damian M0BKV