Band-Specific macros

John, G4DRS

I think the answer is probably staring me in the face, but I can't figure it out. In my defence, I am suffering from a slight cold (NOT Covid-19), so my mental acuity is not what it should be.
Is it possible to have Logger32 automatically select the appropriate antenna connector on my Yaesu FTdx5000, based on the band it is tuned to?
If, for example, I have my 6m antenna connected to antenna connector 1 and the HF antenna to connector 2, can I get Logger32 to select the correct antenna connector when I click on a band spot?
I feel sure it is possible, but I can't see how.
Please enlighten me.

Cheers,

John
G4DRS

Michael Harris

Cannot the FTdx5000 remember what antenna port is associated with different bands?

My K3 has HF on ant 1 and 6m on ant 2. If I change from GF to 6m the appropriate antenna is selected without the support of an external application. If not there is alway a button to press, remember those.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO

On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 06:23 PM, Michael Harris wrote:
Cannot the FTdx5000 remember what antenna port is associated with different bands?
Yes, it can.
I was looking for a 'belt-and-braces' approach!

Cheers,

John
G4DRS

Bob

Click TOOLS | SETUP BANDS & MODES. Look at the Radio # column. I suspect this is where you select not only the radio to use, but select its antenna as well. SeventyThree(s).

On 05/14/2021 1:03 PM John, G4DRS via groups.io <g4drs@...> wrote:

I think the answer is probably staring me in the face, but I can't figure it out. In my defence, I am suffering from a slight cold (NOT Covid-19), so my mental acuity is not what it should be.
Is it possible to have Logger32 automatically select the appropriate antenna connector on my Yaesu FTdx5000, based on the band it is tuned to?
If, for example, I have my 6m antenna connected to antenna connector 1 and the HF antenna to connector 2, can I get Logger32 to select the correct antenna connector when I click on a band spot?
I feel sure it is possible, but I can't see how.
Please enlighten me.

Cheers,

John
G4DRS

Michael Harris

See; 42.5 CAT-controlled radio antenna switching p.628 in the L32 User Manual.

Other than telepathy I'm not sure what else is possible.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO