Topics

Bad Adi

G4RRM Pete

Hi All

Almost got to the bottom of the issue.

I emailed the station in question and he kindly responded to my mail, via google translate (so a little bit sketchy), with a brief explanation of what he’s been doing.

This is what understand has happened, but not tested so I take it at face value.

Apparently, OZ30EU causes some issues when used in FT8.

He has been trying to register OZ3OEU on LOTW with little success, until last night.

So, when I check LOTW now as Mike suggested, I can see 3 QSO’s with OZ30EU in 2017 / 18 (all confirmed in LOTW already) matching with my log record.

When I Check OZ3OEU I have 2 QSO’s, they both match identically to the QSOs from 2018 Except for the callsign difference and are not in my Log and QSL’s are dated LAST NIGHT.

I guess he has been trying to manipulate his log, for whatever reason, and replaced the old call with the new one.

What I still don’t understand is why LOTW would send a match if it see’s Date, Time, Mode, Frequency as correct but with a different callsign?

When I have noticed a NO MATCH in the past because of a wrong letter in the callsign I don’t get the match until I have amended it even if all the other QSO data was correct.

Secondly, I have just done another LOTW download and they are still there along with some new matches !!!

Thirdly, I expect everyone he’s worked that used LOTW will have the same issue!

I’ll just delete the BAD ADI with those two QSOs and see if they stop in time..

Still a bit of a puzzler….

Thanks to Bob, of course it never was a Logger problem………

73

Pete

G4RRM

G4RRM Pete

I’d really like to know for curiosity why LOTW offers a match when one of the Basic elements of a QSO (Callsign) is wrong?

As I said below, I’ve had no matches before because of a wrong letter and only get a match when amended.

Maybe someone on here with far more LOTW knowledge than me can advise.

73

Pete

G4RRM

[...]

Ian Morrison

I see it this way. Think of QSL cards. I can send you a QSL card even if I never contacted you. I just address it to your call saying we had a qso on such and such a date. You check your log and see that it never happened and discard the card.

LOTW is similar.  I submit a contact with your call, even if it never happened. You download all your ‘apparent’ contacts and check the download against your log. This generates a ‘bad.adi’ file  as  I am not in your log.

The only reason you keep getting the call again seems to be because oz3oeu was trying to fix his contacts in LOTW.

73, Ian

VE3EP

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

But it doesn’t usually work like this.. you don’t get a qsl if details aren’t  right, I’ve had instances of no matches, change a letter in call and it’s ok you get a qsl

They have NEVER come with a wrong CALLSIGN before!!!

73
Pete
G4RRM

[...]

<55663B234EB24E658541EF18E83D0076.png>

G4RRM Pete

Or am I wrong?

73
Pete
G4RRM

Begin forwarded message:

[...]

I have had lotw reports sent to me and the Bad .Adi file says, "not in log" and sure enough the call is not in my log, not the details.
Am I missing the point here?

Ian

Sent from my mobile phone

[...]

I’m not sure what you mean Ian.

I have never had a download with a wrong call picked up in bad adi, they don’t get sent... to the best of my knowledge...

But these did

73
Pete
G4RRM