Topics

autolog in QSO Entry window

w1pr@...

I am new to Logger 32. I thought that there was a way for the program to autolog the Country and Report entries in the QSO Entry window, as well as have default sent/receive reports for individual modes, but I can't find how to enable these features in the Help file. Can anybody tell me what I am missing? TNX.
73 de Paul W1PR

Gary Hinson

Hi Paul

The default reports are tucked away in the Tools à Setup Bands and Modes (5th column):

DXCC countries are automatically looked up from prefixes and shown on-screen as we are logging stations, and they are saved with the QSO info by default (I think).  There is an option – somewhere! -  to display either the DXCC country code or its name in the log pane.  Is that what you mean?

As one of the keen DXers who has requested several of the many user-configurable options we have in Logger32, I wish to apologise to Bob and all of you using Logger32, for contributing to the bewildering number of right-click and menu options available.  Still, it’s better than all of you having to use the program the same way as me!

Gary  ZL2iFB

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of w1pr@...
Sent: 30 January 2020 05:14
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] autolog in QSO Entry window

I am new to Logger 32. I thought that there was a way for the program to autolog the Country and Report entries in the QSO Entry window, as well as have default sent/receive reports for individual modes, but I can't find how to enable these features in the Help file. Can anybody tell me what I am missing? TNX.
73 de Paul W1PR

Bob

When you type a callsign into the Logbook Entry Window (example: W1PR), you will see USA - Concord NH appear at the left side of the upper status bar. So far, so good, Logger32 knows you're in Country #291 and when you enter the callsign into the Logbook (by typing ENTER) that will be recorded in the DXCC field. Default reports is a little more complicated. Click TOOLS | SETUP BANDS & MODES. What you see is a skeleton BandPlan. You must customize this to your operating preference. If you look at the 5th column you will see the default report (both sent and received) for each band and mode. So, back to the beginning, enter the call W1PR, type TAB (this should put the focus in the SENT field). TAB again. Seeing as you didn't enter a report, the default is entered. OK now? SeventyThree(s).

On January 29, 2020 at 11:13 AM w1pr@... wrote:

73 de Paul W1PR

w1pr@...

Gary, thanks for the reply. Yes, the option ("somewhere!") is exactly what I mean.  I'd like the Country Name to pop up when I enter the callsign. I have been searching and searching, but remain bewildered.

Bob, thanks you for your reply. Now I understand the importance of using the tab key.  As for the country entry, I would like to see it on screen. I guess I'm asking how I get the DXCC field to appear in the Entry Window and the have it display country name rather than DXCC number. I realize I may overlooking the obvious.

TNX & 73 to all del Paul W1PR

Ken McVie

Paul,
When you enter a callsign in the entry window, have a look down on the lower status bars at the LH side of your screen, you should see the country name appear down there.

Ken ZL4NR

On 1/02/2020 12:47 pm, w1pr@... wrote:
Gary, thanks for the reply. Yes, the option ("somewhere!") is exactly what I mean.  I'd like the Country Name to pop up when I enter the callsign. I have been searching and searching, but remain bewildered.

Bob, thanks you for your reply. Now I understand the importance of using the tab key.  As for the country entry, I would like to see it on screen. I guess I'm asking how I get the DXCC field to appear in the Entry Window and the have it display country name rather than DXCC number. I realize I may overlooking the obvious.

TNX & 73 to all del Paul W1PR

w1pr@...

Right you are. I was hoping to see the country displayed in a User Field as well. (Eyes are getting old for a small font.)
73 de Paul - W1PR

ja1nlx

Paul

I do not know which user field you set to show, however this is a sample.

Country name and more info are displayed in Logbook entry window when callsign

is entered.

This is another sample where all user fields are displayed.

Only limited info are displayed in Logbook entry window.

I think there is no way to display country name in one of user field.

On 2020/02/01 14:03, w1pr@... wrote:
Right you are. I was hoping to see the country displayed in a User Field as well. (Eyes are getting old for a small font.)
73 de Paul - W1PR
--
73 de aki
JA1NLX

John Munton - G7SSE

Paul

Try right clicking in the Log Entry window and select "Floating Callsign Field" from the menu.

This field can be dragged anywhere within the Logger32 window and right clicking on it gives some set up options.

DXCC names in the Logbook Page can be selected with the check boxes at the bottom of the Grid layout table from the Logbook Page Setup menu.

Hope some of this is of use.
--
73, John - G7SSE

Bob

In lieu of new glasses, put the cursor over the callsign field in the Logbook Entry Window and type CTRL+F now type K1PR (no need to TAB). You can adjust the font size/color of the new window to suit your needs. Look at Section 10.0 of the Help topic Logbook Entry Window. SeventyThree(s).

On February 1, 2020 at 12:03 AM w1pr@... wrote:

73 de Paul - W1PR