Topics

ARRL Scrapper

Rick EA4M

HEllo All
I don't know who is the developer of ARRLScrapper, but I have noticed taht with the recently changes in L32 ARRLScrapper produces a lot of importing error because of the band sintaxis... Th band is Shown as 17M with M in capital letter while logger32 uses the M in lowercase.....

Is there any way to fix that??? I'm an avid user of ARRLScrapper !!!

Thanks

n5kd

Hi Rick,

I have used ARRL scraper in the past, but for my most recent submission I used ClubLog. It was much easier.
In my ClubLog account I did a Synch to LoTW.
Then, in Logger32 I did a synch to ClubLog.

It was simple and MUCH faster.

73’ Pete, N5KD.

On Feb 17, 2021, at 21:01, Rick EA4M via groups.io <ea4m@...> wrote:

HEllo All
I don't know who is the developer of ARRLScrapper, but I have noticed taht with the recently changes in L32 ARRLScrapper produces a lot of importing error because of the band sintaxis... Th band is Shown as 17M with M in capital letter while logger32 uses the M in lowercase.....

Is there any way to fix that??? I'm an avid user of ARRLScrapper !!!

Thanks

n5kd

Oh, and make sure to do todays update to 4.0.243 first.

On Feb 17, 2021, at 21:10, n5kd <n5kd@...> wrote:

Hi Rick,

I have used ARRL scraper in the past, but for my most recent submission I used ClubLog. It was much easier.
In my ClubLog account I did a Synch to LoTW.
Then, in Logger32 I did a synch to ClubLog.

It was simple and MUCH faster.

73’ Pete, N5KD.

On Feb 17, 2021, at 21:01, Rick EA4M via groups.io <ea4m@...> wrote:

HEllo All
I don't know who is the developer of ARRLScrapper, but I have noticed taht with the recently changes in L32 ARRLScrapper produces a lot of importing error because of the band sintaxis... Th band is Shown as 17M with M in capital letter while logger32 uses the M in lowercase.....

Is there any way to fix that??? I'm an avid user of ARRLScrapper !!!

Thanks

Gary Hinson

I’m running it now, grabbing fresh screenshots to update the Manuel in due course.    [Thanks for simplifying the function’s screen text Bob.]

3 months’ worth of LoTW updates via Club Log (~1000 QSOs, apparently) took just 11 seconds i.e. about 100 QSOs per second.

Spurred on by that lightning-quick performance, I’m now running a full update with c. 60k QSOs (apparently – I guess that’s all my LoTW confirmations for ZL2iFB: I’m not sure whether/how I can grab the ZM4G and ZL2iF/P confirmations as well …).   If the rate holds, it should take about 10 mins or so … versus, ooooh, a tedious hour or two watching the paint dry on ARRL [S]crap[p]er, as I recall.

I guess we can claim that as an example of the performance improvements in L32 v4 over v3.

[...]

John, G4DRS

Rick,
I had some problems with PSTRotatorAz following the change to Logger32 V4. The author has issued a new version of PSTRotatorAz that has fixed the problem. He told me that the reason it stopped working was exactly what you described:

"In v3 the name of the bands were 80M, 40M, etc., but in v4 are 80m, 40m, etc.
It was difficult to find this because without a radio connected, the name of band in v4 is still 160M, and it becomes 160m only when the radio is connected."

John
G4DRS

Rick EA4M

Maybe you could be right but :

1.- Clublog country exceptions are very poor
2.- clublog, at least.in my.case, is not handling all my Lotw granted and submission credits this is because of country exceptions.

And after all, I don't paid for grant all my QSO and ARRLscraper allow to play with those non paid granted credits.....

Thanks

73

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021, 22:46 Gary Hinson <Gary@...> wrote:

[...]

Many thanks for your reply.... That could be a point to work for next updates, it is very important to show the band always in the same way even if the radio is connected or not......

73

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021, 22:50 John, G4DRS via groups.io <g4drs=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Rick,
I had some problems with PSTRotatorAz following the change to Logger32 V4. The author has issued a new version of PSTRotatorAz that has fixed the problem. He told me that the reason it stopped working was exactly what you described:

"In v3 the name of the bands were 80M, 40M, etc., but in v4 are 80m, 40m, etc.
It was difficult to find this because without a radio connected, the name of band in v4 is still 160M, and it becomes 160m only when the radio is connected."

John
G4DRS

Gary Hinson

I’m surprised to hear that, Rick.

Of my ~120k QSOs, Club Log only gets a handful of country allocations wrong – typically QSOs with people who are temporarily away from their normal QTHs (e.g. a KH6 who retired to and normally operates from Florida with the same callsign, but popped home to KH6 for a family event and a few QSOs).

My accuracy is definitely worse than Club Log’s!

[...]

Hello gary
I had at least 500 unmatched qso's due to bad DXCC allocations for DXPeditions mainly, plus SATELLITE QSO's, I don't know what happend with them... But the clublog download doesn't show any match......

73