Topics

antenna switching with GH Everywhere

Art - VE3UTT / W1AJT

Has anyone interfaced Green Heron Anywhere to Logger32 for antenna switching?  If so how did you enable SW control?

I already do this with N1MM but that uses a N1MM UDP broadcast which I can't see how to do with Logger 32.

Thanks,
Art - W1AJT / VE3UTT 

Jim Hargrave

Art,

Use HyGain DCU-1 protocol.

It’s in the Logger32 ver 3.50. Help file:

Hardware setup > Rotors > Setup Antenna rotators > Paragraph 2.1

Jim – w5ifp-

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Art - VE3UTT / W1AJT
Sent: Saturday, January 9, 2021 7:50 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] antenna switching with GH Everywhere

Has anyone interfaced Green Heron Anywhere to Logger32 for antenna switching?  If so how did you enable SW control?

I already do this with N1MM but that uses a N1MM UDP broadcast which I can't see how to do with Logger 32.

Thanks,
Art - W1AJT / VE3UTT 

Art - VE3UTT / W1AJT

Thanks Jim but I am pretty sure that is for turning the antenna only which I have working.  My desire is to automatically switch antennas depending on band.  I can do this automatically with N1MM via UDP to the Green Heron Everywhere base station.

Art - W1AJT / VE3UTT

Jim Hargrave

OK Art,

I don’t have a Green Heron. So I can’t offer any specific help on its interface.

Jim – w5ifp-

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Art - VE3UTT / W1AJT
Sent: Saturday, January 9, 2021 10:03 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] antenna switching with GH Everywhere

Thanks Jim but I am pretty sure that is for turning the antenna only which I have working.  My desire is to automatically switch antennas depending on band.  I can do this automatically with N1MM via UDP to the Green Heron Everywhere base station.

Art - W1AJT / VE3UTT

Bob

Ver 4.0 has an option on the Radio Control Panel menus to broadcast N1MM formatted radio status datagrams on port 12060 (or some such silly thing). Dunno if it works, but it's there. SeventyThree(s).

On 01/09/2021 11:03 AM Art - VE3UTT / W1AJT <w1ajt@...> wrote:

Art - W1AJT / VE3UTT

Prasad

Thanks Bob! 

Fantastic - my entire station automation system depends on it and was about to request for it 😃

I use the YCCC MOAS II for switching everything in the shack from antennas to band pass filters to amplifier band switching to antenna rotators and amplifier keying. And also the YCCC SO2R Box over OTRSP for switching between radios.

Will test after finishing this week long vacation we are on :)

Prasad VU2PTT. 

On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 at 8:31 PM, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:
Ver 4.0 has an option on the Radio Control Panel menus to broadcast N1MM formatted radio status datagrams on port 12060 (or some such silly thing). Dunno if it works, but it's there. SeventyThree(s).
On 01/09/2021 11:03 AM Art - VE3UTT / W1AJT <w1ajt@...> wrote:

Art - W1AJT / VE3UTT

--

73 de Prasad VU2PTT, W2PTT (ex-AF6DV)

ARSI, ARRL, FOC, CWOPS, IFROAR, MARC
NCDXF, INDEXA, SCCC, EUPSK, IOTA-200
ARRL DXCC Checkpoint
CQ Awards Checkpoint
Coordinator - VU Contest Group www.vucg.in
Webmaster - Logger32 www.logger32.net

Art - VE3UTT / W1AJT

Thanks Bob!

Prasad, please let me know if you get it working.  I have been unable to get L32 to send anything on the UPD port I have listening on the Green Heron.  I have tried UDP repeater, looked at L32 to N1MM bridge  (just for logging as far as I know), AND Echo port - with no success.

This is not a high priority but a nice to have capability.

Art - W1AJT / VE3UTT

Bob

Confusion reigns supreme ... See attached graphical representation.

In version 4.0 (not 3.50) there is a menu option on the Radio control Panel that enables UDP broadcast of the radio status (in N1MM specified format), the broadcast is on 127.0.0.1 port 12060. This is independent of any/all other UDP ports. It opens automatically and requires no user input/intervention.

And, FYI, the UDP repeaters are for re-broadcasting WSJT/JTDX UDP messages. SeventyThree(s).

On 01/11/2021 11:14 AM Art - VE3UTT / W1AJT <w1ajt@...> wrote:

Thanks Bob!

Prasad, please let me know if you get it working.  I have been unable to get L32 to send anything on the UPD port I have listening on the Green Heron.  I have tried UDP repeater, looked at L32 to N1MM bridge  (just for logging as far as I know), AND Echo port - with no success.

This is not a high priority but a nice to have capability.

Art - W1AJT / VE3UTT

Art - VE3UTT / W1AJT

Hi Bob,

I did follow your first mention of the Radio Control Panel.  I am now at 4.0.227 and here's what I get when I open the Radio Control Panel:

There is an ability to edit macros.  Right- click the blue vertical bar allows me the select "Enable UDP Broadcast of radio status" I assume this is what you are referring to.  I looked in all of the configuration files but there is no entry specifying UDP port numbers.  I will try to get it working with port 12060.  

Thanks,
Art

Art - VE3UTT / W1AJT

Bob,

I don't know what or if there is a UDP Broadcast on port 12060 but if there is it does not do what N1MM does with the Green Heron.

Here are the traces:

This is how it looks in Logger32

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<RadioInfo>

<RadioNr>1</RadioNum>

<Freq>1012400</Freq>

<TxFreq>181690</TxFreq>

<Mode>CW</Mode>

<IsSplit>False</IsSplit>

<app>Logger32</app>

</RadioInfo>

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<RadioInfo>

<RadioNr>1</RadioNum>

<Freq>1402391</Freq>