Topics

Alfaspid

sp5ewx

I used alfaspid rotor with 3.5 version without any problem . With 4
ver it doesnt react for "home" command and when I use Ctrl+A or Alt+A
it starts to turn but after a few degrees stops and bar rotor pointer
on greyline window disappears. Any suggestions?
Mike sp5ewx

Bob <k4cy@...>

Does the rotor work correctly if you command it to turn by clicking on the great circle map? Dos it work at all? What do you see in the rotor debug window when you command the rotor to turn? SeventyThree(s).

On 02/24/2021 2:17 AM sp5ewx <sp5ewx@gmail.com> wrote:

I used alfaspid rotor with 3.5 version without any problem . With 4
ver it doesnt react for "home" command and when I use Ctrl+A or Alt+A
it starts to turn but after a few degrees stops and bar rotor pointer
on greyline window disappears. Any suggestions?
Mike sp5ewx

Rick Williams - VE7TK

I am using an Alfa Spid with Ver 4 without problem. Both the presets and calculated DX locations work as planned. Also SP and LP operations are operating and correct.

73, Rick
VE7TK

sp5ewx

Hi Bob
I attach debug window...and whats more..When I click Ctrl+A rotor goes
only for 3-4 deg and stops...When I control rotor from controller, it
works correctly ...Also I hadnt any problems with ver 3.5
Mike sp5ewx

śr., 24 lut 2021 o 14:30 Bob <k4cy@comcast.net> napisał(a):

Does the rotor work correctly if you command it to turn by clicking on the great circle map? Dos it work at all? What do you see in the rotor debug window when you command the rotor to turn? SeventyThree(s).

On 02/24/2021 2:17 AM sp5ewx <sp5ewx@gmail.com> wrote:

I used alfaspid rotor with 3.5 version without any problem . With 4
ver it doesnt react for "home" command and when I use Ctrl+A or Alt+A
it starts to turn but after a few degrees stops and bar rotor pointer
on greyline window disappears. Any suggestions?
Mike sp5ewx

sp5ewx

Also when I click from the map it moves only 2-3 deg and stops
Mike sp5ewx

śr., 24 lut 2021 o 14:30 Bob <k4cy@comcast.net> napisał(a):

Does the rotor work correctly if you command it to turn by clicking on the great circle map? Dos it work at all? What do you see in the rotor debug window when you command the rotor to turn? SeventyThree(s).

On 02/24/2021 2:17 AM sp5ewx <sp5ewx@gmail.com> wrote:

I used alfaspid rotor with 3.5 version without any problem . With 4
ver it doesnt react for "home" command and when I use Ctrl+A or Alt+A
it starts to turn but after a few degrees stops and bar rotor pointer
on greyline window disappears. Any suggestions?
Mike sp5ewx

Bob <k4cy@...>

Look at the rotor debug window, Does Logger32 send and command to the rotor to stop it turning? Does Logger32 maybe close the rotor port? Even if it did, I don't think that would/should stop the rotor turning. Is the command correct to turn to the correct heading. or is it a command to turn just a few degrees and then after turning a few degrees it stops because it thinks it is in the correct position?

All I can do is send the correct command. What the rotor does (or does not do) is way above my pay grade.

SeventyThree(s)

On 02/25/2021 5:27 PM sp5ewx <sp5ewx@gmail.com> wrote:

Also when I click from the map it moves only 2-3 deg and stops
Mike sp5ewx

śr., 24 lut 2021 o 14:30 Bob <k4cy@comcast.net> napisał(a):

Does the rotor work correctly if you command it to turn by clicking on the great circle map? Dos it work at all? What do you see in the rotor debug window when you command the rotor to turn? SeventyThree(s).

On 02/24/2021 2:17 AM sp5ewx <sp5ewx@gmail.com> wrote:

I used alfaspid rotor with 3.5 version without any problem . With 4
ver it doesnt react for "home" command and when I use Ctrl+A or Alt+A
it starts to turn but after a few degrees stops and bar rotor pointer
on greyline window disappears. Any suggestions?
Mike sp5ewx

sp5ewx

Sorry Bob but I don’t understand what I can fix the problem
sp5ewx