Topics

Again Logger32 crash again with this error on Register Windows " error is in: C: \ Windows \ System32 \ ucrtbase.dll " etc.

Alex Del Chicca

Hi all,

Hi Bob, unfortunately I have to write this msg. because as you will read the logger32 ver.4 crash problem has come back

and now in another way.

After having reinstalled the operating system Windows 10 PRO 64B and some basic programs ex new, I also reinstalled

the logger32 and updated with the whole database to the latest version 4.0 ...

I left the loggger32 connected to the local cluster and everything seemed ok as after several hours of operation the logger32 was UP and working.

I installed other programs including SmartSDR v.2.6.2 and other programs with which the logger32 v.3.5 worked perfectly

without ever interrupting with the connection to the cluster active.

Now with the 4.0.238 version but also with 239 the logger32 crashes it closes sending these msg.

in the "Administrative Events" file and in the "Windows \ Applications Registry  and that I insert as a screen shot in this mail.

They are in Italian and in any case, as you can verify with a translator, the two crashes, for example of 31 / jan / 2021 at 21 : 47: 32 and at 21:57:38

they are derived from program C: \ LOGGER32 \ lOGGER32.EXE

and the path of the module that generated the error is in: C: \ Windows \ System32 \ ucrtbase.dll

As you can see from the images that I report below to my msg.

Unfortunately I have absolutely no knowledge to be able to understand and remedy this problem.

f you need more info about the complete error described in the Windows Logs, let me know ....... now I have

not written it completely as the copy and paste does not work and I should write it completely, but if you are necessary I will send it .

What do you think Bob?

I await your reply Bob ....

Thank you

73 Alex ik5pwj

Bob <k4cy@...>

Alex, I have no idea. Maybe you need a different logging program? 73.

On 01/31/2021 4:55 PM Alex Del Chicca <ik5pwj@...> wrote:

[...]

Bob, thanks ..... I still sent a screen shot showing the error.

 Anyway, thanks and ..... he followed your advice ......

73

[...]

Rick EA4M

Are you sure that W10 is fully up to date????

El dom., 31 ene. 2021 23:16, Alex Del Chicca <ik5pwj@...> escribió:

[...]

Yes sure ... W10Pro 64Bit  regular activetion and new installation.

All other programs work without any problems.

Only Logger32 goes shutdown when the connection via telnet to any cluster is active (I tried to change the source cluster but it is the same).

Without any connection via telnet or via Local Host the Logger32 works.

By chance, if the telnet connection is active, it goes shutdown giving these errors in the Windows 10 Registry which I report below:

Name of the application that generated the error: Logger32.exe, version 4.0.0.239. timestamp: 0x6016cb77

Name of the module that generated the error: ucrtbase.dll, version 10.0.19041.546, timestamp: 0x73123758

Exception code: 0x0000409

Error offset 0x0009edbb

Process ID that generated the error: 0x01d6f813bf37a4d2

Path of the application that generated the error: C: \ Logger32 \ logger32.exe

Path to the module that generated the error: C: \ Windows \ System32 \ ucrtbase.dll

Reporting ID 414728f1-fa55-4025-a0f6-943ededab69e

That's all.....

Thanks anyway

73 Alex ik5pwj

[...]

Do you have an active VPN connection?

El dom., 31 ene. 2021 23:42, Alex Del Chicca <ik5pwj@...> escribió:

[...]

n5kd

Some Logger32 users are using VE7CC to connect to the cluster, then L32 connects to the VE7CC program.

73’ Pete, N5KD.

[...]

Hi Rich, no I don't have a VPN connection ... it's disabled in my router.

However, the connection of the router and the private network active on my PCs at home has always worked

and it works even now with Logger32 vers. 3.50.424 without any crashes.    Only with vers. 4.0 ... I have these problems.

For Pete N5KD .... I tried to connect with other clusters also with VE7CC but the problem remains ... and logger32 vers. 4

crashes and gives the error I indicated in my msg. previous one.

Alex ik5pwj

[...]

Mike

The URCTBASE.DLL is the dynamic link library file associated with Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable package.
Repair/reinstall that package.