Topics

ADIF Editing

erictucker599@...

I recently uploaded 50+ years worth of L32 log to Club Log.  As you may imagine, the upload report came back with a load of possible problems, many of which seem reasonable and require editing of my L32 log.

The majority are incorrectly ascribed countries by L32 that require editing (adif?).

If I just change the country adif number will this be sufficient, or do I have to edit the continent, zone, iota, etc details as well?  As that would increase the magnitude of the task I'm hoping that just a change in country number might automatically ripple through the other changes when the edited file is loaded back into L32.  I say hopeful, not expectant!

Many thanks in advance,
--
Eric Tucker G3TXZ

Bob

Click SETUP | UPDATES | VALIDATE YOUR LOGBOOK DXCC COUNTRY CODES blah blah.  This opens a Window to automagically do what you want. It's all in the help file. SeventyThree(s).

On October 28, 2019 at 3:18 PM erictucker599@... wrote:

I recently uploaded 50+ years worth of L32 log to Club Log.  As you may imagine, the upload report came back with a load of possible problems, many of which seem reasonable and require editing of my L32 log.

The majority are incorrectly ascribed countries by L32 that require editing (adif?).

If I just change the country adif number will this be sufficient, or do I have to edit the continent, zone, iota, etc details as well?  As that would increase the magnitude of the task I'm hoping that just a change in country number might automatically ripple through the other changes when the edited file is loaded back into L32.  I say hopeful, not expectant!

Many thanks in advance,
--
Eric Tucker G3TXZ

erictucker599@...

Bob, many thanks for your answer; as ever, spot on.  I've done what you said and there are now far fewer anomalies.

You must get peed off telling people to look in the help files.  I do try - I've even a printout of the whole lot, some 500 pages!  the trouble is they are so comprehensive that it's a bit like a dictionary (you have to know how to spell a word before you can look up how to spell it!).

Many thanks again from an old, thick fart.  I now intend to submit the corrected log to Club Log and see what arises.  I may have to trouble you again, but I'll try not to. :-)

My very best of 73,
Eric Tucker G3TXZ

Bob

Eric, I have never used Club Log, so I have no first hand/practical experience, but it's possible Club Log will get upset if you simply send the complete logbook again ... Most QSOs will be duplicates and it might not like that. Maybe you need to delete your original submission and try again. Just speculation on my part. SeventyThree(s).

On October 29, 2019 at 7:32 AM erictucker599@... wrote:

Bob, many thanks for your answer; as ever, spot on.  I've done what you said and there are now far fewer anomalies.

You must get peed off telling people to look in the help files.  I do try - I've even a printout of the whole lot, some 500 pages!  the trouble is they are so comprehensive that it's a bit like a dictionary (you have to know how to spell a word before you can look up how to spell it!).

Many thanks again from an old, thick fart.  I now intend to submit the corrected log to Club Log and see what arises.  I may have to trouble you again, but I'll try not to. :-)

My very best of 73,
Eric Tucker G3TXZ

Dave Colliau

Bob I just did a full log clublog update and no problem except one weird call from armed forces day 40 years ago.
Dave N8DC

On October 29, 2019 at 10:44 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

Bob, I agree with Dave.  Club Log only amends the changed entries.  The report just showed 2 anomalies, due to my typing errors, that are now corrected in L32.

Thanks again for your help. 73.
--
Eric Tucker G3TXZ

Dave Hobro

Eric,

This may be a bit late as I am catching up with emails etc after a holiday.

When I up loaded my logbook to ClubLog it spat out a load of "errors".  On closer inspection a majority of the "errors" were down to ClubLog reassigning a QSO from its DXCC entity when I worked it to the modern DXCC entity i.e. it does not handle Deleted Countries correctly.  This was particularly frustrating when I had got the QSL card with the correct information on it, if you have got the QSL cards - go by them, after all the operator at the other end should know what country they were in!.  If ClubLog is giving errors based on DXCC entites check it has not shifted them to align with the modern DXCC.

Been there...

73's  Dave, G4IDF

Gary Hinson

That’s very strange Dave.

Club Log has and uses defined date ranges for DXCC allocations, and for many DXpeditions and other temporary activations.  So, depending on when the QSO occurred, it looks up the correct entity then … at least, that’s how it is meant to work, and how it works for me.

I just ran a Club Log check on my log, using the ‘Validate your logbook’ function in Logger32:

It worked perfectly, identifying a few ‘errors’ in my log, almost all of which are due to me choosing to mark dubious/incomplete/unconfirmed QSOs as “Not valid for DXCC” (country code 000) so that the league tables ignore them.  [I could delete them but as an optimist I hope the DX stations might yet check their logs and find a typo!]

Does it work for you?

Uploading your log to Club Log presumably runs the same checks but the process is different, so maybe you’ve found a bug there.