Topics

A request ...

Bob

Hi, this is addressed primarily to Italian and Spanish users ...
Please do this:

a) Click TOOLS | DATABASE MAINTENANCE | COUNTRY/PREFIX MAINTENANCE. Scroll down to select I or EA. Now click on the row.

b) Look at the list of alternative prefixes. To me, the Offset location is 4worthless/meaningless.

What I would like to see is a list of prefixes that makes sense to me, and all the other International users. So, here is what I'm requesting is that if someone/anyone is interested in improving the quality/usability/intelligibility of the list of prefixes, you collectively work together to develop a new list. If you can do this, I will write a program to update/convert the current database.

The databases in Logger32 are yours to modify. You are provided with working/functional examples only. Enjoy. SeventyThree(s).

PS. To any ZS users who might actually read this. Don't ask for me to change ZS6 from Transvaal to Gauteng. Not in my lifetime. But you are free to change it yourself if you must.

José L. Peña EA4AFP

Hi Bob,

done for a EA user, and this is the output:

imagen.png

AM-AO, EA-EH is right. Existing calls should be removed. Not sure if this is what you are asking for.

After the latest change in the Spanish legislation, EA4AFP can be used from any location in Spain, including the DXCC entities of Ceuta&Melilla, Canary o Balearics. No need to add /9, /8, /6 or /7.
This was different before, I had to change from EA1AIB to EA4AFP when I moved from EA1-land to EA4-land.

73 jose  EA4AFP

El mié., 23 sept. 2020 a las 0:52, Bob (<k4cy@...>) escribió:
[...]

Paul F6EXV

Our administrations don't care about DXCC !

Le 23/09/2020 à 18:04, José L. Peña EA4AFP a écrit :
[...]

Avast logo

Jose, I was talking about description of EA1 is Spain - Galicia, La Roija, Castilla y Leon. EA5 is Spain - Comunidad Valenciana, Murcia etc. Are these descriptions accurate/complete? They mean nothing to me. 73.

On 09/23/2020 12:04 PM José L. Peña EA4AFP <ea4afp@...> wrote:

[...]

Bob, all

the descriptions are not meaningful, as I explained, the number after EA/EB... does not identify the location of the station in ALL the cases after the latest change in the Spanish legislation.
If you want a description for most of the Spanish stations:
EA1: Galicia, Asturias, Cantabria, La Rioja, Castilla y Leon.
EA2: Pais Vasco, Navarra, Aragon
EA3: Cataluña
EA4: Madrid, Extremadura, Castilla La Mancha (except for Albacete province)
EA5: Comunidad Valenciana, Murcia, Albacete province
EA7: Andalucia

The political organization of Spain are "Comunidad Autónoma" (like "States" in USA) and "provincia" (like big "Counties" in USA). Names after EAx in the list are "Comunidad Autónoma".
All the "provincia" belonging to the same "Comunidad Autónoma" have the same number in the call except for Albacete province. It belongs to "Castilla La Mancha" (which has number 4 in the call) but hams from Albacete have number 5 in the call.

73  jose  EA4AFP

El mié., 23 sept. 2020 a las 19:17, Bob (<k4cy@...>) escribió:
[...]

Thanks Jose, it looks like what is already in the database is correct. 73.

On 09/24/2020 4:08 AM José L. Peña EA4AFP <ea4afp@...> wrote:

[...]

Luis EA5L

As Jose comments this is the map of districts in EA
Comunidades Autonomas de España
And this is the one of the autonomous communities.
In Spain we say that a picture is worth a thousand words

José L. Peña EA4AFP

No Bob,

existing descriptions for EA1 and EA4 are wrong.

73 jose  EA4AFP