Topics

A couple of rotator questions - Version 4


John, G4DRS
 

Firstly, in version 3, I used to use the internal rotator control, and it used to display a wedge representing the rotator beamwidth overlaid on the great circle map. Try as I might, in version 4, I can't get the wedge to show.
Secondly, in version 3, I started to use PSTRotatorAz instead of the internal Logger32 rotator controller. For some reason, I like it. In order to make it work, I had to set the rotator to none and the com port to none and check 'Enable Global Capture of CTRL-A' in Logger32 rotator setup dialogue. All was well. Since moving to version 4, that has ceased to function for some reason. It may be that something within PSTRotatorAz has to be changed to match version 4, I don't know.
Has anything changed, or have I just set something incorrectly? I have followed the instructions in PSTRotatorAz, but maybe they are no longer current in version 4.

John
G4DRS


Bob
 

PSTRotatorAz? Never heard of it before, so I can't comment. However, I can comment about the rotor wedge. Before the wedge will appear, Logger32 must be receiving beam headings from the rotator (otherwise it doesn't know where to point the wedge). SeventyThree(s).

On 01/22/2021 3:22 PM John, G4DRS via groups.io <g4drs@...> wrote:
 
 
Firstly, in version 3, I used to use the internal rotator control, and it used to display a wedge representing the rotator beamwidth overlaid on the great circle map. Try as I might, in version 4, I can't get the wedge to show.
Secondly, in version 3, I started to use PSTRotatorAz instead of the internal Logger32 rotator controller. For some reason, I like it. In order to make it work, I had to set the rotator to none and the com port to none and check 'Enable Global Capture of CTRL-A' in Logger32 rotator setup dialogue. All was well. Since moving to version 4, that has ceased to function for some reason. It may be that something within PSTRotatorAz has to be changed to match version 4, I don't know.
Has anything changed, or have I just set something incorrectly? I have followed the instructions in PSTRotatorAz, but maybe they are no longer current in version 4.

John
G4DRS


John, G4DRS
 

Bob,
I've played around with the rotator settings and the map settings, but I can't get the wedge to show up.



The rotator and Logger32 seem to be communicating OK.
What am I doing wrong?
73
John
G4DRS


John, G4DRS
 

Going back to my second question, regarding global capture of CTRL-A by a third party software system, that still seems to be an issue.
I have tried renaming logger32.ini and going to a clean ini file. There is still no sign of action from the rotator. when I press CTRL-A.
I tried the same ini file trick with the rotator software. No change.
Strangely, Codrut, YO3GMZ, who writes the rotator software has tried it with V4 and it worked.
It therefore must be something wrong with my installation. I'm stumped as to what else to try, though.
Does anyone have any ideas?


John
G4DRS


Jim Hargrave
 

John,

Do you have the rotator setup in the Bands and Mode chart for the bands using the rotator?

 

Jim – w5ifp-

 

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of John, G4DRS via groups.io
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2021 9:11 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] A couple of rotator questions - Version 4

 

Going back to my second question, regarding global capture of CTRL-A by a third party software system, that still seems to be an issue.
I have tried renaming logger32.ini and going to a clean ini file. There is still no sign of action from the rotator. when I press CTRL-A.
I tried the same ini file trick with the rotator software. No change.
Strangely, Codrut, YO3GMZ, who writes the rotator software has tried it with V4 and it worked.
It therefore must be something wrong with my installation. I'm stumped as to what else to try, though.
Does anyone have any ideas?


John
G4DRS


Bob
 

That's all there is, just that one little checkbox. 73.

On 02/01/2021 9:31 AM John, G4DRS via groups.io <g4drs@...> wrote:
 
 
Bob,
I've played around with the rotator settings and the map settings, but I can't get the wedge to show up.



The rotator and Logger32 seem to be communicating OK.
What am I doing wrong?
73
John
G4DRS


Bob
 

Ctrl+A and Alt+A work just fine once enabled. Just tested it. Try Ctrl+T to see the radio toggle between 1 and 2. Works no matter what app has the focus. You'll see the radio selection change in the lower status bar. 73.

On 02/01/2021 10:11 AM John, G4DRS via groups.io <g4drs@...> wrote:
 
 
Going back to my second question, regarding global capture of CTRL-A by a third party software system, that still seems to be an issue.
I have tried renaming logger32.ini and going to a clean ini file. There is still no sign of action from the rotator. when I press CTRL-A.
I tried the same ini file trick with the rotator software. No change.
Strangely, Codrut, YO3GMZ, who writes the rotator software has tried it with V4 and it worked.
It therefore must be something wrong with my installation. I'm stumped as to what else to try, though.
Does anyone have any ideas?


John
G4DRS


John, G4DRS
 

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 03:56 PM, Jim Hargrave wrote:

 

Do you have the rotator setup in the Bands and Mode chart for the bands using the rotator?

Jim,
I'll double check, but I believe so.


John
G4DRS


John, G4DRS
 

Thanks, Bob.
I'll keep fiddling...


John
G4DRS


Andy M0NKR
 

I found the wedge showed up after restarting logger32.

My issue with the map thought is I could get bold black compass, tried everything gave up on the end.

73
Andy
Nkr 


On 1 Feb 2021, at 19:14, John, G4DRS via groups.io <g4drs@...> wrote:

Thanks, Bob.
I'll keep fiddling...


John
G4DRS


Bob
 

Not sure what you said Andy, but my compass is red. SeventyThree(s).

On 02/01/2021 2:19 PM Andy M0NKR via groups.io <andrewgoldsmith22@...> wrote:
 
 
I found the wedge showed up after restarting logger32.
 
My issue with the map thought is I could get bold black compass, tried everything gave up on the end.
 
73
Andy
Nkr 

 

On 1 Feb 2021, at 19:14, John, G4DRS via groups.io <g4drs@...> wrote:

Thanks, Bob.
I'll keep fiddling...


John
G4DRS


John, G4DRS
 

Jim,
I checked,
yes, I do have the rotator set up in the Bands and Modes file.


John
G4DRS