8/10-character grid squares

Greg - ZL3IX

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been raised before. I have searched the archives but haven't found anything.

I've recently become active on 23cm and have taken part in a couple of local contests. On that band the grid square is required to be shown with 8-character accuracy, eg RE66ij78. The 6-character version does not give enough accuracy for scoring.

With Logger32 I find that I can set one of the User fields to allow 8-character input and I can set the type to Gridsquare, but if I enter 8 characters the entry that appears in the logbook is truncated to the first 6 chars. Also, if I later try to modify the entry in the logbook page I get 'Invalid gridsquare' and the update is rejected. Is there any way around this, or is it a bug in the program? Today locators are defined up to 10 characters.

Bob

Logger32 does not support 8 or 10 character gridsquares. SeventyThree(s).

On 02/15/2021 2:33 PM Greg - ZL3IX <zl3ix@...> wrote:

[...]

Is there any chance of this ever changing, or is L32 only intended for HF use?

Bob

Two part question - 1) Maybe, but don't hold your breath 2) Strange question, maybe you consider crossband QO-100 operation/support HF? SeventyThree(s).